Top Shelf Aquatics

TCK's Aquapod 12

thecowkid

Oh my your so nice. You didnt have to mail their food. But thats makes you an even better reefer. Makin sure your babies are well feed :) Thanks. I love them. I cant wait for Emma to get to see them. I can just hear her now. SHRIMPPPPPE.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man its been a LONG time since I've updated this thread. Sorry. But its not like it has a huge following. :) Any way the tank is growing in nicely. Thanks to the many additions from above mentioned great people. As fate would have it I am now itching for a new fish or two depending on the size. The tank currently has one true and one false perc. Both in the 1.5-1.75" range of size. I am still undecided on if I am going to be able to keep both of the clowns and have any other fish. I am kicking around the idea of a tailspot blenny, pajama cardinal, or a few small neon gobies. Oh or a firefish "not sure on if I want a purple or regular painted one" So short story what would you guys recomend? Oh it has to be a fish that will not eat my sexies.

Thanks

I'll try to get some pics posted in the next few days.

What size tank is this again?

If it's a Biocube 8, don't put another fish in there!

If the tank can support it, my vote is for a Tailspot Blenny.

Its a 12 gallon.

Kray I'll get some pics as soon as I getta chance.

I was told that a tailspot would have the best personality that would interact with the little ones. I may have to go that route due to it being setup with little ones in mind.

Where are the pics? You can't cut grass or treat lawns it is dark outside. :D Post some pics of the tank or some fairy ring or some snow mold or something grass boy. :lol:

Brad

post-41107-1246759321_thumb.jpg

Oh okay lawnman. FYI I've been reading about the daunting task I have before me. The heater core blew in my 98 f150 today. 21 pages of how do do it.

Cant cut grass after dark. Come on dude what are you a rookie. I've got lights, and have so duct taped a mag light to our trimmers. You may laugh, but I've done it. Heck some of the commercial props are only treated after dark. Nothing like 150+ 1000 watt mh's around the grounds. That grass grows year round. But here is a pic just for you Brad.

DSC00001.jpg

Yep your eyes are not playin games. Thats an f-150 pushing a 8 footer and stackin 7+ feet high.

Tank pics to come.

Okay so I lied. Some place in this thread I said I was gonna keep this tank stock. I guess you all knew that was a farce. Sorry. As the need for more light "speed" is our quest I am on the verge of embarking on the LED star cross voyager. Deepdvnarq is willing to set me up with 12 LED for this tank. Now I have the daunting task of gathering all the necessary info, parts, powersupply "hopefully an old Dell pwr.sup..."

This is what I want/wish for. I want this to hopefully be all contained within the stock AP hood. But I am willing to have the pwr supply outside the hood. I want the setup to be completly dimmable, retain the stock hood look, use of switches, use of stock fan placement. I do have a 160mm icecap fan that I would be willing to cool this setup with if I had to. This is all hinging on if I can find a sleek looking guard/filter like Cjerome used on his 24 gallon.

Am I asking to have my cake and eat it as well? What do you all think? Is this doable or am I chasing a unicorn?

Oh Brad, that heater core took 13.5 hours to replace. The entire dash had to be removed to gain access to that booger.

very doable. i am retroing my ap24, and i am unsure just how much i can cram under the stock guard. look around at other threads for supplies, and make sure to do homework befor ebuying anything, just got my wiring done, but now comes the fun of fitting it in the hood :lol:

fyi, you may not be able to use stock switches. i would reccomend a power supply for the blue LEDs and one for the white LEDs, and two timers. dimmers are another story, and are very doable. look around here, ther is plenty of info to get you started.

I will see if I can dig out a pic of the silverado pushing a pile up like that. Nice snoway I use those to. No I am not a rookie just when it gets dark it is long past time to go home. :D Freakiing heater cores are the worst. If you didn't know I was just messing with you. You a member over at plowsite?

Brad

Get those pics man. A friend of mine and I email storm pics to the local news stations all the time. Its always good to get your equipment in the pics. Free adds if you catch the drift. So you like your Snoway? We have 6 that we run. Is yours the new controler style or the older rocker switch type. We have both. The newer type we are having huge issues with the crimps slipping off the valves under the cover. So much so that we have to silicone them to the spades. I am a member at the TPS.com. I dont hang there much except to buy spare parts.

I knew you were dulling my blade with the rookie comment. But sometimes you gotta do what cha gotta do. And yes your right about the heater core. I'll trade the truck b4 I do that again.

• 4 weeks later...

Well time has been the biggest problem with this build. With the small tidbits of time that I have here is what I have done.

I finally got the power supply housed and wired up.

Summer2009016.jpg

Summer2009018.jpg

Finished power supply housing.

Summer2009017.jpg

Summer2009019.jpg

Really shiny heatsink.

Summer2009020.jpg

Heatsink with LED's sitting. Still gotta drill/tap. Oh yea and decide how I am gonna space them.

Summer2009022.jpg

Summer2009021.jpg

How would you guys go. First pic of 2 x 6 or the second pic 3 x 4? I am leaning toward the 2nd only witht the LED choked in off the edge of the heatsink around 1.5" or so.

wow TCK, that a real shiny heatsink! i should have you come over my house so you can do that to my rims. lol.

i still like the first layout. it will give you a lot better color blending and covereage of the tank. i fear that you will get too much color banding on the second layout. if you go with the second one, i would go with a lot tighter spacing. something like the spacing that Waterproof has on his thread.

but the heatsink really looks RAD. :bowdown:

Deep thanks for the compliments. That took about 5 mins to bring out that shine. I should have edged it with a piece of glass and 900 grit crocus cloth. That would have made it crazyjuice shiny, But I didnt. LOL I am the first dude to pull out the bucket of water and soap, wet sand my rims with it. I find that if you use compounds used for Stainless Steel they tend to yield a little better face on softer metals like alum.

Can you link me to Waters build/pics please. If I do wind up doing the 2nd pic I will choke it way off the edges unlike pictured.

Well I have had no luck locating 4-40 nylon screws in the ville. I am gonna have to use stainless with nylon washers. Not my first choice, but they can always be changed out in the future. Now I have to figure out my final spacing on the leds. I have decided to go with the 3 X 4 setup. My heatsink is 12 x 7.25. How far apart do you think I should space the leds apard?

Archived