Cultivated Reef

very clean ADA build

rean_jem

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great looking Tank. I can't wait to see once it is finished and stocked!!.

me either, stay tuned with the led light. its gonna be awsome! btw special thanks to evilc66 for the inspiration and help.

• 4 weeks later...

i finally got the fish i always wanted and it arrived saturday morning. they're inside a breeder box right now with a piece of T pvc for their temporary home. the female keeps on chasing the male but i hope that it will stop soon. this morning i saw that the female is already using the pvc but its not letting the male inside. im hoping that when i let them in the display that they will be more peacefull with each other. the screen at the overflow needs to be redone as im not liking the eggcrate and the spacing are too big for the picassos.

i also installed the led retrofitted aquamedic pendant that slides to the side if i need to have the light out of the way. since i dont have any corals yet i have the fixture at only 30percent of power.heres the link to the light build http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187647. heres the pics.

DSCF5626.jpg

DSCF5626.jpg

DSCF5628.jpg

DSCF5635.jpg

DSCF5629.jpg

DSCF5630.jpg

DSCF5631.jpg

DSCF5632.jpg

DSCF5634.jpg

amazing build. it gets 10/10 in sexy points wink.gif the clowns are beautiful too.

thanks man, it took a lot of planning before i got to this stage. now its just a matter of time before the rocks gets filled with coralline and corals.

I'm sorry. Gonna have to ask you to censor those photos, they are entirely too sexy to go unpixelated.

haha, wait till they grow up. so does this mean i cant get sexy shrimps too? :D

you have done a very very nice job. looks like everything is very well planded. if you dont mind where and how much did you pay for the picasso clown fishs?

thanks guys for all the nice comments. yes i did put a lot of planning into this tank but theres still some stuff that i guess i overlooked which i had to do twice like cutting the overflow too short. or how the water will go down the sump. all in all im very satisfied with it.

with this kind of set up i had to be very creative in cleaning the slim and long overflow :lol:. i had to attach a tootbrush at the end of my glass scraper then follow it up with a sponge.

the picassos btw where brought to doni at doni's reef.

Hells yes awesome tank! the overflow is awesome. It has a nice clean look to it, and isn't cluttered like so many other tanks. I'll have to remember this for an overflow if i ever make my own.........

...so this whole thing runs on a checkvalve? You're in for a fun surprise down the road.

and there's no way to disassemble the plumbing should anything go wrong, you'll have to drain the tank...

or am i totally missing something?

• 4 months later...

Archived