SaltCritters.com

very clean ADA build

rean_jem

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pics not working

:huh: im not a computer genious so i dont have a clue why you cant see the pics, i can see it fine and hopefully everyone else. maybe your firewall is blocking it?

very cool idea, waiting to see how well it works.

i just filled the whole overflow chamber with water and leave it overnight to check for leaks. hopefully none since this is already the second patch.

i will be doing the sump tomorrow and because of limited space theres going to be a lot of unorthodox way of putting the dividers.

This is one BEAUTIFUL build. If your this creative with the design of the tank, I can't wait to see when you fill it and scape it!

P.S. Your pictures aren't working because they have been deleted from your photobucket account. Try re-uploading the pictures and editing the links in your post.

I can't see the pictures either, although I am pretty interested in how this turns out.

sorry about that, link is fixed now.

This is one BEAUTIFUL build. If your this creative with the design of the tank, I can't wait to see when you fill it and scape it!

P.S. Your pictures aren't working because they have been deleted from your photobucket account. Try re-uploading the pictures and editing the links in your post.

thanks for the tip in fixing the pics. and thank you for the wonderful comment.

im not too sure when this will be filled with saltwater coz i still need to cure my old rocks.

• 3 weeks later...

i had to redo my plumbing coz the 4 way didnt work out as planned instead i bought a two way drum. the flow will be in a circular pattern with the center nozzle always on. the left and right will be alternating. in a way it was better because it freed up a lot of room in the sump which btw was also revamped. i added baffles and will be using a euro reef ns2.5-cl (im testing it right now on my 20g).

anyways to the fun part, im done with my rockscaping!!!

i used the rod from blinds and drilled holes on the rock and used the rod as dowels. basically its like a rock boquet, lol. i had to arrange the rocks this way to direct the flow better and to maximize space for future corals. i also didnt want a cramped look. the rock is dead by the way and the sand too. the sand is oolitic sand.

now for pics.

out of the water shots

DSCF5557.jpg

i used pvc to elevate the rocks for stability and cuc can get under the rock.

DSCF5558.jpg

DSCF5562.jpg

rod sticking out to show it (will be covered)

DSCF5559.jpg

DSCF5561.jpg

in the water pics

DSCF5565.jpg

DSCF5566.jpg

DSCF5566.jpg

DSCF5568.jpg

Awesome

thanks

does anybody know approximately how long this will cycle? i used the water from the main tank. but in any rate will also be testing.

WOW, this is just getting awsomer and awsomer, maybe even legend, wait for it, ary, around everry turn.

thanks bro, its my way of pleasing my girlfriend as she is very supportive of this hobby and my other hobbies. actually this tank is for her and some of her inputs.

how is the sound level?

its quiet, the only thing you can barely hear is the ehiem pump. closed the back of the stand to totally dampen the sound. as for the overflow, it will be filled with water so no falling sound.

hehe we think alike....even when it comes to rimless tanks wink.gif

i hope i also have the skills in picking corals as well as you do. i have zero experience when it comes with corals.

Very clever overflow design! I can't wait to see it up and running.

i cant wait either. im what you can say a perfectionist so i like the back/side view to look as nice as the front and a fat overflow just wouldnt cut it for me. theres just some drawback that hopefully i can find a way around.

i hope i also have the skills in picking corals as well as you do. i have zero experience when it comes with corals.

aww, shucks! thanks lol I'm sure you'll find amazing stuff! good luck! =)

Lemme guess: Pendant lighting of ultimate sexiness?

il be using the 150w mh aquamedic from my 20g right now. i will be hanging it by using 1/2in or 3/4in emt. i couldnt do it right now coz i have a clam on the 20g so that may take a month before i do the transfer.

i would prefer a led diy led light but i dont have the funds right now. maybe later on il change it or if theres any other light that i dont know out there as sleek as the aquamedic then im open for suggestions.

This is a fantastic build to follow. Thanks for documenting it. How do you like the oolitic sand? Thinking about using it in my new RSM, but wondered if it was too fine and would blow around?

• 4 weeks later...

just a little update:

the lighting fixture will not be a metal halide but a aquamedic pendant but retrofitted with leds, this is not definite yet as im still figuring out if everything will fit inside the fixture. if anybody is out there looking for a complete metal halide guts (reflector, glass, lamp, ballast and plugs) completely plug and play to put inside there hood then just pm me for price.

as there is no light yet i cant stock anything on it yet except cuc's. is there a kind of snail i can put it that wont go out the tank being it rimless?

the timer for the light has been mounted and still need to mount the float switches.

thats it guys. happy reefing!

Archived