Innovative Marine Aquariums

Crocea Clam advice

sky

I have had him for a few weeks now but today he decided to jump. I have been trying to let him be but he keeps falling into the cracks of the rock. Theirs some Aiptasias around where he was at (maybe he got stung???). The problame I am having is that theres not many other places to put him on the rocks. Should I try the sandbed??? The lighting hes under is a 150w MH. I almost forgot the spot he was at has stringy slime coming from it.

let me know if you need more info.

thx in advance

zap the aipts with joe's juice or lime/kalk.

not sure what the slimey stuff you're talking about though? coming from the rock it was sitting on or the clam itself?

you can move around any of your coral? and how big is the clam? most clams are sand dwellers so i would dry the sand bed if you don't have any sand sifting gobies. good luck! and merry christmas

-Nate

I put him on the sand bed yesterday and he's happy happy now (he's on a rock with some shrooms he has a hold of it). The slime is comeing from the clam's foot area and I can see it again. when I was researching them it said they burrow into the rock with some kind of acid (forgot the name and I'll find a link). I just really no why he's slimming, it almost looks like a Vermetid's were doing it since the slime looks like cobwebs but theirs nothing around him.

This is the only two links I can find

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...amp;pcatid=1650

http://www.reefcorner.com/SpecimenSheets/crocea.htm

i think the "slime" that you are talking about are the byssal threads or "foot" of the clam. your clam is probably trying to attach itself to the rock you put it on. if you could put up some pic's of the clam so that i could confirm this that would be great!

The slime I saw was floating all around him so I sure its not the foot. I'm starting think he did this because he was stressed since he's not doing any more. If he starts it again I'll try to get a pic. And after he moved his previous spot the slime was there for the rest of the day

Archived