SaltCritters.com

Squamosa question

blizzardscout2

blizzardscout2

I have a Squamosa, and have had it about a month now. It has a lot of new growth and looks very healthy and happy. I was just wondering if it is normal for the new growth of shell to be bright white? It is growing quite fast, reacts very quickly to shadows, and has a tight mouth. I'm probably just worrying too much. Oh, it is in a Biocube 14 with 72w PC, and I do supplement the tank with Phytoplankton. :D

Reese

blizzardscout2
yes

Cool thanks, I have read tons of stuff about them but have never seen anything about what new growth looks like. I appreciate the speedy answer. Have a great night!

Reese

blizzardscout2
that things gonna get.... huge....

Yeah, I plan on it. I have a 72g bowfront freshwater that I plan to convert in a year or two. But who knows, I have an itch to do it now because I dont have much going in there right now. :)

Yeah, I plan on it. I have a 72g bowfront freshwater that I plan to convert in a year or two. But who knows, I have an itch to do it now because I dont have much going in there right now. :)

Here's a derasa I look after sometimes.

swissclamMedium.jpg

Mantle length ~2 feet. I can only guess how much it weighs. 35 lbs? You can expect the same growth with squamosa.

--bubbles

Archived