Coral Vue Hydros

I think I am ready for a clam! I think!

nannodad

I believe I have done all my research and I believe I am ready to get a clam, but I want to run it by everyone to see if you folks agree. I have been running for six months. I have a 12 gallon all in one with all parameters stable. PH varies between 7.8-8.0, SG 1.025, ca 400, Dkh 12, Nitrite 0, Nitrate less than 20, phosphate 0, ammonia 0. Lighting is 150w MH 10K. So with that said am I ready, or any suggestions? :D

Galloping Goose

My suggestion would be to bump your CA to about 450 and keep it up. The clam will suck that calcium out of that 12G fairly quickly. I will bet you will have to add CA about once a week. Here is a pic of my clam in my 9G ADA cube.

you should try and bump your ph up a little and your dkh down a little. Ph to like 8.1 or 8.2 and dkh between 9 and 11. 12 is on the verge of high. Calcium should also be at like 450. It will make the clam happier and won't hurt anything. Mine is at like 480-500

yea i agree with the increase levels of ca and ph.....two part dosing with b-ionic is what i use and it seems to keep my three clams and sps all happy

post-39515-1226857090_thumb.jpg

Archived