SaltCritters.com

Judging health of clam color

douglam

I am trying to figure out if my clam is receiving enough light. It is oven but it is turning itself on my sandbed. When i look at it from above it is black with the blue lines in it, and when i look at it from the side the blue lines are kinda fuzzy and the black looks like deep purple with maybe a hint of brown. is this just the way clams are. or do i need to give the clam more light. it is currently off on the side of my 12g AP where my sailfin blenny cant get it. It is under a 70watt sunpod.

I am trying to figure out if my clam is receiving enough light. It is oven but it is turning itself on my sandbed. When i look at it from above it is black with the blue lines in it, and when i look at it from the side the blue lines are kinda fuzzy and the black looks like deep purple with maybe a hint of brown. is this just the way clams are. or do i need to give the clam more light. it is currently off on the side of my 12g AP where my sailfin blenny cant get it. It is under a 70watt sunpod.

What type of clam?

The glass on your aquarium also cuts into the true color of a clam. I know when I look from the top down at mine it looks much different than from the front of the display.

picture is needed as above

The glass on your aquarium also cuts into the true color of a clam. I know when I look from the top down at mine it looks much different than from the front of the display.

picture is needed as above

I prefer to look at clams w/o glass in between.

lol, that made me chortle, Normandy. You should spend more time in the Lounge. ;)

Good to hear, it's been a long freaking day.

Now back to your clam...Pics, species, lighting?

Archived