Top Shelf Aquatics

DT's New Joint

dtfleming

The tank looks very nice in the FTS.

I'm a little confused, did you say that you are now using public water and seeing less GHA as a result?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tank looks very nice in the FTS.

I'm a little confused, did you say that you are now using public water and seeing less GHA as a result?

Yes, I was on well water running it through my ro/di. Now Im on public water running it through my ro/di. Its less work on my membrane and my tds should always stay around zero now

Tks. Ladies.

I installed my BRS GFO reactor today. So we'll see how that does to help reduce the GHA.

Oh just for the record.

ph-8.3

sg. 1.026

ammonia-0

nitrate-0

nitrite-0

alk-10

CA-420

mg 1450

I'll prob hit up brshiver in alittle while to get some frags. Looking to replace the sunset monit, rainbow, purple digi and see what else he has.

So i went back to running 6 bulbs again. Current bulb arrangement:

Front

blue+

aquablue special

blue+

figi purple

blue+

pure actinic.

To me it looks like a phoenix 14K with a pop to the corals.

Christmas wrasse is finally swimming around some.

I think Im gonna sell off some of my acros. I would like to get some more higher end monti digis, a branching cyphastrea, sunset and rainbow monti and one or two more lps such as open trach or lobo.

• 1 month later...

Update. Tank is looking better. I need to replace some of my bulbs as they are well over a year old. I received a gift cert for Christmas, so I got 20 snails and a very nice RBTA from Divers Den.

Some of my SPS are making a come back.

Tks, glad to see u back with a pico again. those gorgs should do well in there

Thanks. I just uploaded some fresh-baked photos, but so far the gorgs have been showing some awesome polyp extension. I can't wait to see what happens once I start feeding them... :rolleyes::ninja:

They will do good. I had all three of those in my 15 carribbean tank. The purple gorg keeps growing back in my 40. even after I cut it down.

They will do good. I had all three of those in my 15 carribbean tank. The purple gorg keeps growing back in my 40. even after I cut it down.

Sounds promising. I ended up with some Phytoplex to supplement although the gorgs I have are mostly photosynthetic. I can't wait to see them fill up this tank :happydance:

• 3 weeks later...

Tks, Looks like the GHA is getting under control. I've been putting some things off on this tank. I need to start getting some new T5 bulbs as most are a year and half old. I also need to replace my fuge light bulb. I need to order some more salt for the tank. I am think about trying the new ESV salt, as 50gal is only $35.

purplepeopleeater!

man your tank looks really good

got a question for you is that a "quiet one" pump that you have for a return pump? if so how do you like it is it quiet like the name implies

also i bought a 5 gallon bucket of salt for like $41 but my girlfriend works at petsmart it makes up 160 gallons plus now ill have another 5gallon bucket other wise look at the boxes they are a pretty good deal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looking good!

Except for the algae.... bryopsis? :scarry:

Dunno, GHA and other crap that is getting on my nerves. This is why I dumped the sand bed in the fuge and tank. GFO reactor, just got new filters in. Switched to a new salt mix. CUC coming tomorrow from Reefcleaners.

If none of the above works, Im going to take the tank down.

Archived