Picture1718.jpg

Picture1719.jpg

Same shot

or Not?

Picture1720.jpg

Picture1721.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Tks

Im gonna try changing out the aquablue bulbs with GE6500 and maybe act.

Havent added anything new, just trying to let things growout

• 3 weeks later...

Not much going on. Haven't added anything in awhile might add another fishy......... Still need to get the ge bulb......

• 4 weeks later...

Guess Ill repost........ I switched out some of my bulbs. Got the GE6500 bulb. I really like that mixed with the blue+.

Well, the 40 SPS will probably becoming to an end. I dont think Ill get rid of the tank per say, but pretty much will be getting rid of all the sps, TEK light, maybe drop down to an mp20. I will have to get rid of the AP24, which I had planned on doing a seahorse tank. I hope I will be able to keep this tank and the 5.5gal.

Last pics I took:

Picture1832.jpg

Picture1828.jpg

Picture1827.jpg

Picture1826.jpg

Picture1825.jpg

Picture1824.jpg

Picture1823.jpg

Picture1822.jpg

Picture1821.jpg

Picture1820.jpg

Picture1819.jpg

Picture1818.jpg

Picture1817.jpg

Picture1816.jpg

Picture1815.jpg

Picture1813.jpg

Picture1812.jpg

Picture1811.jpg

Picture1810.jpg

Picture1809.jpg

Picture1808.jpg

Picture1806.jpg

Picture1805.jpg

Picture1801.jpg

Picture1800.jpg

Picture1799.jpg

Picture1798.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, came home from vacation to find my canary blenny MIA. Rest of the tanks looks ok though.

Oh some tidepool pics for ya. Kraylen guess where.

0814091403.jpg

Picture1873.jpg

Alright so this tank is ####### me off. My big Acro colony is RTNing. I have algae in various spots all over the tank. I have not changed anything and YES I did recheck all my lvls, including salinity and ca and mag and alk. Oh and I did pull the colony out and dipped it.. I didnt see any pests.

I lost the canary blenny while on vacation, and I stopped running all 6 bulbs at once. Now I run 4 bulbs 9hrs and the over two only 1 hr before and 1 hr after the other four.

DT,

Sorry to here about the problems you are having. I hope you stick with it. Your tank is great looking and was an inspiration for me when I was setting up my 40.

Hope things get better!

-Prof

• 4 weeks later...

Not much going. stuff still growing. I did add a pistol/goby that I dont see any more. I had to move some of my sps around.

Looks like Ill be moving in a month, so Im dreading having to move this tank. Not gonna be fun. I think when we get into the new house. I set back up a new macro algae tank again with a fish that I miss alot or something else alittle different.

• 4 weeks later...

So moving day is fast approaching, and Im not looking forward to moving this tank. I have a game plan for it, just dont feel like doing it.

Im gonna move my ro makeup container and some buckets first. This way I can makeup new water and get about 15gal of new SW mixed up. Here is a list of stuff a bought for the move:

more buckets and 18gal totes to transfer livestock into.

2 packs of expoxy

4 packs of superglue gel

more carbon, gfo and pura filter pad.

HOT Magnum filter to help after setting back up.

plastic mat to set the tank on carpet.

I will be running a new circuit and outlet at the new house so this tank will be on its own circuit.

I did add a yellow coris wrasse since my sixline jumped. I think after the move Im gonna get rid of the chromis, and red striped cardinal. I would like to pickup a christmas wrasse.

I also added a chalice frag, green and purple favia, green encrusting monti, and a reverse sunset Monti digi frag.

Two other things:

1. Added a R2 moonlight to the tank, I like the shimmer at night and I can see more response out of my LPS corals.

2. I trying something with my lighting cycle.

8:30-9:30am- 1 blue + and 1 giessmen act on

9:30-12pm-2 blue+, figi purple, and aquablue on-4 bulbs only

12-3pm-All six bulbs on

3-7:30pm- 2 blue+, figi purple, and aquablue on

7:30-8:30pm- 1 blue+ and 1 giessemen act on

8:30pm-8:30am-Moonlights on and Fuge light on.

Im trying to simulate a true lighting cycle. dawn, morning, sun at its peak, dusk, and then night. We'll see how it goes.

Ok update all done.

TLDR......

:P Kiddn bud. Nice update.

Sounds like you have a plan.

Bet ya can't wait till its over huh?

Hope it all goes smooth for ya D.

Good luck with the move.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so here it is after the move. I lost my sunset monti and green slimer. I added a bunch more snails and put the tank on its own circuit. I also added a YWG and Christmas wrasse. They Kole Tang you see in the pic I had before the tank move. I still have GHA, but with public water now its starting to go away.

Picture046.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture051-1.jpg

Picture052-1.jpg

Picture053-1.jpg

Picture054-1.jpg

Picture.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Archived