Pod Your Reef

[BC29]

htran

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

177ichael - r you talking about the back side part of the tank? i thought that was some kind of plastic paneling also, but it's just light coming thru the drapes reflecting off the black plastic of the biocube..or are u talking about something else? :huh:

I just picked up my biocube 29 on sale from a lfs for Christmas. I'm going the slow and steady route. I'm in the process of doing all my mods first before i throw in my lr and live sand.

htran - when you added the nano tunze in chamber 1, besides removing the false floor panel, did you do anything to the wall separating chamber 1 from chamber 2? You mentioned "expanding" it, but how?

vincienzo45, to be able to put the Tunze nano in the chamber 1, you will need to remove the failed floor and also the plastic piece in the back of chamber 1 (this is the holder for the bc stock filter). Plus to create the proper water level/flow, I widen the open in the wall between chamber 1 and 2 to allow more water to chamber2, and I drilled a few more holes on the front wall of chamber 1 since the build in overflow can't handle all the flow that the tunze nano creates. Hope this help.

thanks for the detail htran. i drilled some holes above the nano Tunze last night for the extra flow..i may have drilled 1-2 of them crooked though :mellow:. it looks OK but something like that could drive me nuts whenever I look at my tank. I'm such a perfectionist that I may take my dremel and cut out the holes completely. Then maybe silicone on a piece of scrap plastic with slits in it to place behind the hole that's left..

Also with those holes, have you ever had any trouble with snails slipping thru them into your chambers?

Lalani, not much change with my tank beside two new corals (meteo shower and undata monti), and the corals have grew a bit. I'll post a new FTS later.

vincienzo45, hahah if you looked closely you can see I drilled my holes crooked also. It bugged me for a few days. When you have the corals and other stuffs in your tank then you pay less attention to it, especially once the coraline algae starts covering the back of your tank. Good luck with your biocube. Oh, here is another mod for you, cut the frame of the stock bc filter pad, place it on the rail in chamber 2, right below where the water flow from c1 to c2, you can put filter floss on it or not, but this will significantly reduce the noise from the water flow.

colgan10, cool, hope yours will behave. My rbta only moved the first week or so, and then it has settled down to a perfect spot in my bc29 since. I hope it will stay there, but who knows.

Colgan10 and htran - good luck with your RBTAs. Man, those things suck. I have 5 of them right now in my BC29 wondering how in the heck I am going to get them out (my rock is all pinned together).

• 3 months later...

Any updates?

You have not been around in a while...

Your tank is breath taking.. and I would love to see updated pics... speaking of pics yours are awesome! What kind of camera and lens are you using?

thanks

Any updates?

You have not been around in a while...

Your tank is breath taking.. and I would love to see updated pics... speaking of pics yours are awesome! What kind of camera and lens are you using?

thanks

:o Wow thats one awesome looking tank

I think somebody said it was a Nikon D40 and a 105mm lens.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I haven't logged in here for a while.

Here is a new FTS

DSC_3685.jpg

and the very last pic of my RBTA.

DSC_4663.jpg

I've just got rid of it. It was getting too large for my bc29. I don't think anemone belongs to a nano tank.

Ando, all of my photos were taken with a Nikon D40 and either with the 50mm f/1.2 or the Kiron 105mm macro. You might be able to find these lens for cheap since they are the old manual focus lens.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived