SaltCritters.com

[BC29]

htran

WOW! Great looking tank....I love the way you have your aqua scape! Very impressive i wish i would of been brave enough to put a bta with sps now! Should be a totm.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I haven't checked my thread for a while.

Thanks everyone again for the kind words.

Kirin1 and MSUFan, hey big thanks for letting me know about the Nori. My tail spot blenny is now fat and happy.

Aaron1987, I was also leery at fist about having the Cherub. I'm glad that I have it now though. It is a cool fish, has a brilliant sapphire/blue color, and very actively swims in and out of the rock work, getting along well with my other fish, and loves to hang out and nipping at the Nori with my tail spot blenny. I haven’t seen it bother any of my corals (yet), it’s mostly swimming around and take a nip here and there at the rock for pod or algae I think.

Kylebeano, I have the Tunze 6025 points a little upward so I have pretty good water surface agitation. I’m happy with the Sunpod and the Phoenix bulb. It looked a tiny bit too blue for me initially but I get used to it and the corals color up nicely. It is way better than the stock bulb. I’d like to try the 20K Radium next time though.

Colgan10, the RBTA sure does look nice now but I do hope it either stops growing or starts splitting. I don’t like to see it over take my whole tank like a year or two from now.

Amazing tank and so very clean looking.

Many posters here always rave about those phoenix bulbs and from your pics I can see why.

Simply the perfect amount of blue.

Well done.

P.S

What camera equipment are you using?

SUPER JOB! Absolutely lovely tank. A true inspiration.

One important question. One reason I think your tank looks so great is because of the background. I don't know if you painted it or what exactly, but it looks amazing. Please describe IN DETAIL what you did to produce that background on the back wall. Thanks so much. Great job again!!!!!!

dahliaheartsyou, MSU Fan, :) top down shot always make corals and clams look much nicer.

themadride, thanks for the compliment. The back wall of the biocube is just black plastic. I did not paint it. It is just being covered up with the purple coraline algae which is building up over time. And from the full tank shot picture, you can see the reflection of light - shimmering affect from the metal halide which makes the tank's background looks interesting.

Wow totally amazing. You've obviously put in a lot of work. Congrats

Quick question about your pumps how do your fish do with all the current? Do they ever get blown around?

Awesome looking tank man!

After seeing this, I think it cleared up my dilemma on whether to get a Biocube or Aquapod. I think I'm going to have to go with the Biocube and just upgrade the lighting to a Sunpod down the road. Your tank will be my inspiration! Keep the pics coming also!

MiamiReefer, nckwrn, my fuge light is pretty much just an undercabinet light in a small black plastic box. I'll try to remember to take and post a picture of it. This is the light that I used : http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...&lpage=none. Before using this light, I've used the LED light bar from ebay but the light output is not that good. By the way, my fuge light burned out a few weeks ago and I decided to take the light and chaeto out to keep the maintenance to minimum.

177ichael, with tthe maxijet1200 + the tunze nano, seems like it provide enough flow for my SPSs and the fishes are doing fine.

vincienzo45, thanks! If you decided to go with the bc29 and get the sunpod later, you might want to buy the bc29 tank only at nanotuners.com and the sunpod. It will save you some money instead of buying the complete bc29 and then upgrade the light.

Been busy, but I'll try to take some new photos and post them soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone!

Just want to share some photos of my bc29.

DSC_0403.jpg

DSC_0750.jpg

DSC_1454.jpg

A couple questions on your mods. Did you replace the stock pump with the MJ1200 or add it? Also, where did you get those white plastic pieces that fit on the side of your tank/stand to hide the power cords?

Beautiful tank!!

Have you had any problems with your Cherub angel picking at your SPS? How long have you had it with the corals?

Thanks!!!

Chyendra, I have had my cherub angel for close to a year. Haven't got any issue witht it picking on any of my corals. It's a cool fish.

177ichael, yes, I replaced the stock pump with the MJ1200 and added the Tunze 6025.

"where did you get those white plastic pieces that fit on the side of your tank/stand to hide the power cords", not quite sure what you meaned. I do not use any thing to hide the cords except some velcro to keep them tidy. All of the cords go to the back of the tank&stand. Good luck with your BC29.

Archived