Top Shelf Aquatics

[BC29]

htran

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

Mods:

. lighting: 20" 150W HQI Sunpod with 14K Phoenix bulb.

. chamber 1: Tunze 6025 mod (coppied from clownnut), PH probe, chaeto, DIY fuge light. Removed the false floor and widen the divider between chamber 1 and chamber 2 to allow more flow.

. chamber 2: Tunze 9002, heater, pod condo, small carbon bag

. chamber 3: ATO float switches, temp probe, maxijet 1200

. Azoo fan, 100W Stealth heater, AC Jr.

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

dahliaheartsyou

oh my god.

awesome!

this is the first time i've seen an anemone that doesn't look out of place!

amazing job!!!!

im jealous!

and your apt/house looks nice too =]

holy balls that is well put together.

Everything looks like it is meant to be lol, the rockwork is great and corals fit very nice!

How long have you had it going?

That is a gorgeous tank - I have nothing but envy! That is exactly what I want from a mixed coral standpoint - including the RBTAs (I have 3 currently - the splitting freaks!). If you don't mind, what kind of husbandry tactics do you use (wc, dosing, etc)?

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

MSU Fan, I try to keep my husbrandry/maintenance as simple as possible. Here is my routine.

. daily: quick run with the mag float to keep the glass clean.

. weekly: clean skimmer cup, refill ATO reservoir which contains 3 teaspoons of Kalkwasser + 20mil of vinegar per gallon.

. bi-weekly: 1 5 gal bucket water change and vacuuming the shallow sand bed, change the carbon bag, trim the chaeto

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

MSU Fan, I try to keep my husbrandry/maintenance as simple as possible. Here is my routine.

. daily: quick run with the mag float to keep the glass clean.

. weekly: clean skimmer cup, refill ATO reservoir which contains 3 teaspoons of Kalkwasser + 20mil of vinegar per gallon.

. bi-weekly: 1 5 gal bucket water change and vacuuming the shallow sand bed, change the carbon bag, trim the chaeto

No Daily 2-Part dosing? I assumed you were dosing (daily of weekly) because of the two pump bottles.

I'd like to know about the vinegar too, I'm guessing it helps the Kalk to dissolve?

I used to added about 30ml of 2 part solutions three time a week since dosing kalk alone did not supply enought calcium for my tank. I rely less on the 2 part now since I started adding vinegar to kalk. Basically, vinegar helps dissolve more kalk and keeps ph down. Here is a very good article explaining about the affectiveness of using vinegar+kalk.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-01/rhf/index.php#7

Very impressive! I love what you are doing! Do you mind explaining a little bit about your DYI fuge light? Keep your thread updated! I will love to follow along! Thanks so much!

bberning, I'll take and post a picture of my diy fuge light so you can see what it is made of and looks like.

In the mean time, here are some more photos of my live stocks.

LPS

Micromussa

DSC_0281.jpg

Trachyphyllia

DSC_0349.jpg

Blasto Merletti

DSC_0515.jpg

Does anyone has good luck of keeping a tail spot blenny?

I've had mine about two weeks and look like he is dying of starvation. It only eats cyclop and my tank does not have much algae. Been trying to feed it with Formual II but it wouldn't take.

Archived