Cultivated Reef

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it before and I will say it again....my only secret isn't a secret at all.....and that is consistency.....get your parameters right and KEEP THEM THERE....get your system tweeked to where you have less than a degree of temperature variance ever.....then you will have success.....

So, I did nothing with the tank yesterday except to throw some pellet in for the hungry looking fishies....I went to the junkyard and found some of the parts I need for my Recessionmobille and worked on it until I was nearing heatstroke....I hate living in Sunny Florida sometimes....We are having record high temps all this past week and for part of this week!!!!

By the end of it I was just too exhausted and had too much residual petroleum based crud stuck in the pores of my hands to want to stick them in the water....

I will not do it today either, as my buddy Juice is having a BBQ at his store, The Living Reef.....gotta go see how things are coming together for him....

Try to get some surgical gloves there Mitch. After wrenching bare handed for many years I finally started wearing them. We hired a guy who also rode as a volunteer EMT years ago. He wore them while working and we all picked on him....at first. Not long after we all wore them. :P

Keeps hand clean and soft for other-uhm- activities. ;)

May be able to find them at Depot in the paint dept or auto parts stores and such. Nitrile or the blue colored ( forget the brand ) hold up rather well in solvents,oils and such. I even wash them and reuse if not torn. :lol:

Sorry to drag the thread way off track. -_-

Just trying to help when I can.

Hope you have a great day

I lub soft man hands :unsure:

I don't wub sand paper man hands...jus' sayin' :P

The hubby knows bettah haha

See?

That's what I'm sayin Mitch :P

Gloves are the way to go. Being an EVT, I should really be wearing them anyway. Who knows what I may find in these rigs I work on :o

Without them I wash my hands 10-20 times a day at work. Totally drying them out rather quickly. At that point you can lotion them up till the cows come home, NG. Sand paper hands for sure.

Another plus, clean finger nails too :happy:

Edit- EVT= Emergency Vehicle Technician

Yup...I oughta know better...I used to be a Radiation Protection Technician in Nuclear Power plants, so I know the value of feeping com=ntaminants off....and now I'm a RN (but working in Administration) so again.....

I just never really thought about it for working on the car....I will have to grab a few pairs.....

I was looking back through my Photobucket pics this evening and I saw this nice shot of my Tri-Color Valida from July 13 this year....

IMG_1542a.jpg

Well.....this wat this evening....a day shy of 3 months of growth....

IMG_1893.jpg

this picture is under MH still on to the right, and just actinics to the left....

This thing is growing like a monster....

Can you say "Frag Monster????"

Thanks a lot Scooter....I have done the best I can with what I have....I really wanted one of those cubes you were getting rid of, but knew I couldn't even get up there to get it....hope that all went well.....

Wow....based upon your DIY job on the pico I would love to see your other tanks sometime....

anytime you feel like a day trip lmk ;) just dont tell maria shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! :P

j/k M u can come 2 .........................i guess............. hahahaha

After a real good glass cleaning last night I realized that my cool Skunk Cleaner Shrimp was nowhere to be found....We named him Scamp when I got him, because the girls wouldn't let me name him Scampi....but, I guess the reality of him joining he food chain came to fruition....

RIP Scamp.....

After a real good glass cleaning last night I realized that my cool Skunk Cleaner Shrimp was nowhere to be found....We named him Scamp when I got him, because the girls wouldn't let me name him Scampi....but, I guess the reality of him joining he food chain came to fruition....

RIP Scamp.....

:(

Ha I just had left over Shrimp Creole for lunch...my bro made it for my B-day dinner last night...mmmm mmm :happydance:

but I bet cleaner shrimp taste like poo

edit- no one wants that crazy ass, frag knockin' over CBS omgomgomg lol

Ha I just had left over Shrimp Creole for lunch...my bro made it for my B-day dinner last night...mmmm mmm :happydance:

but I bet cleaner shrimp taste like poo

edit- no one wants that crazy ass, frag knockin' over CBS omgomgomg lol

crazy bich eats fish too! :mellow:

Well, It's time for a few more pictures of change.....I snapped a few nice shots tonight and just had to dig out some comparison shots.....

Blue-Green Acropora echinata

8-23-09

IMG_1706.jpg

10-22-09

IMG_1918.jpg

Raspberry Lemonade Acropora nasuta

7-13-09

IMG_1501.jpg

10-22-09

IMG_1922.jpg

Now, this one has just come to me, but I believe it's already becoming a Happy Coral...

Hawkins Blue Acropora echinata

10-9-09

IMG_1875.jpg

10-22-09

IMG_1919.jpg

Not half bad coloring over just 13 days!

Archived