Coral Vue Hydros

Clowny's 29 reef is not that dirty!

clownfish1124

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
clownfish1124

well, after looking at my tank, a family member INSISTS i keep the fake purple coral showing. i tried explaining but she would not budge! so just to keep my family happy, everyone will see the purple coral... for now. also, the reefer who gave me my leathers is gonna sell me some digi cheap. so, i re-did the aquascape of the tank. PLEASE DO NOT CRITIQUE MY ARTISTIC ABILITIES ON PAINT! also, the "bear-trap" is now light green and the green shrooms have been replaced with the pagoda coral which was in the area that is now not covering the purple fake coral.

29reef5.jpg

as you can see, the orange digi has taken the place of the finger leather. due to it's fast growth, i have decided to frag it up when the time comes. until then, see you tomorrow after the big move!

also, everything brown will be covered with either zoas or blue cloves/ blue xenia/ blue pipe organ. thanks!

I say get Blue Cloves and skip the Long-Tentacle Plate.

LT Plates don't do well in captivity, and I have some Blue Cloves and they are BEAUTIFUL. :)

Oh great, now you're making me actually THINK???

Umm, I dunno, why did you want to get the plate?

In other words, what exactly are you looking for?

clownfish1124

well i really like how the plate looked, and i want my clowns to host it instead of the rock/ glass/ powerheads/ filter intakes (you get the idea, my clowns are loony-brains)

Hehe, mine too!^^^

They refuse to host my freaking huge frogspawn,hammer,torch, or pearl bubble!

It annoys me a little bit....

I wouldn't even care if they hosted my gsp or some zoa's, or SOMETHING!!!!

OK, I'm done now..... B)

clownfish1124

here they are (they are still in the pico, but whatever)

Yellow Colony Polyp:

IMG_0473.jpg

Finger Leather:

IMG_0470.jpg

Xenia:

IMG_0449.jpg

Brown People Eaters:

IMG_0447.jpg

Clownies (not so much macro):

IMG_0442.jpg

and the NEW fts:

IMG_0439.jpg

Enjoy

clownfish1124

thanks! going to lowes in 15 to get my acrylic and eggcrate. also, guess what i found in my pico...

no...

ok i will tell you, a BRITTLE STAR! it is about 6 inches long! really cool hitchhiker

clownfish1124

leaving lowes. Bought acrylic and they didn't have egcrate so I bought a soap dish to hold frags for a while. See y'all in an hour or two...

clownfish1124

everything is moved! only one brittle star, one peppermint shrimp, one blue damsel, and one rock of xenia are left. will take pictures tomorrow, everything is p'oed

clownfish1124

around two I am getting my first MONTI! My second sps ever besides my poci, which is slowly healing under the t5. I will post a huge buffet of pics for everyone to see!

clownfish1124

the monti is here! It is a nice orange digi, not a cap but hey it is supposedly a fast grower...

I will post pics when it gets settled.

clownfish1124

here is the new way i want to do for the tank.

29reefsps.jpg

the corals include:

• my finger leather
  • toadstool leather
  • pocillopora
  • multiple monti digis
  • multiple monti caps
  • my hammer
  • candy-canes
  • lotza zoas
  • and blue cloves everywhere else not covered!

clownfish1124

hey! i like sparse rockscapes, more swimming room and it feels nice and open. i have about 35-40 pounds in there right now though...

also, i moved my hammer and it is closer to the sandbed than in the drawing...

hey! i like sparse rockscapes, more swimming room and it feels nice and open. i have about 35-40 pounds in there right now though...

also, i moved my hammer and it is closer to the sandbed than in the drawing...

I love your rock work. I would make another island on the other side. Maybe smaller tough. Thats how i plan on making mine and adding 2 clown fish too. How do the fish do for you?

clownfish1124
I love your rock work. I would make another island on the other side. Maybe smaller tough. Thats how i plan on making mine and adding 2 clown fish too. How do the fish do for you?

thanks 805fish! i might make another island on the side for some GSP or sumthing, right now, i just want my monti to color up again! the clowns are great! i am going on 3 years with them in this upcoming march, so we are just past the 2.5 year level i think. they are however pigs, crazy crazy pigs. they eat SOOOOOOOO much and poop it all out too like goldfish. the do have great personalities and eat out of my hands.

That sounds sweet and would look pretty cool. Wow haha sounds like pigs in a fish form lol. Im thinking of getting 2 true percs for 40 bucks but they keep fighting where they have them at the LFS. So idk if i should risk it. All i want is a mated pair of clowns and a yellow clown goby

clownfish1124

I'm pretty sure mated pairs go for ~$80. If they are fighting at the lfs, they are probably gonna fight in your tank as well. What ever you do, good luck!

Archived