inTank Media Baskets

CoRPS' 55g Reef

CoRPS

Skimmer is working pretty good, in the last 2 days I've got a nice amount of dirty smelly skim. A lot less bubbles in the display. The dragon eye frag is completely open. It's actually got 5 heads. I'll see if I can get a picture tomorrow when the lights are on. Should be going in his tank within the next couple of days.

In other news. I'm THINKING about upgrading my tank to a RR 75g and using the 55 as a fuge/sump. Also thinking about building a stand and canopy. This is all probably just the ramblings of a drunken mess right now but.. maybe... just maybe I'll do it.

First things first though, I need to get that 20L going. It's just sitting there collecting dust and disappointing looks. All that's really left is some foam, epoxy, sand for the back wall and it's ready to start it's cycle.

Finish that damn thing... I say no fish store till you get the 20L started, I have told myself no corals till I see growth from the live stock transfered from my 14 gal.. :o

:(

well maybe I'll just get one in the mean time. Its such a hard addiction to keep away.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Scott. Who'd of thought a Fujifilm had a badass macro lens?

In other news, I'm trying to upgrade my 55 to a 90g. Not sure if I should make the 55 into a fuge for the 90, or just buy a 20 or 30g tank to use as a fuge and keep the 55 a softy tank or something. Maybe a lionfish tank? I don't know... Not really sure.

• 3 weeks later...

A local guy was selling LR at $3.00/lb - I went there expecting to get 13ish lbs. When I got there he laid out some about 30-40lbs of rock and tells me to start picking some pieces. I pick out two rocks and ask him to weigh it so I know what I've got to work with. He tells me "Actually, my scale broke... So just take it all". Needless to say I spent roughly $1.00/lb for some beautiful purple rock.

Right now it's all sitting in my 55g until I can get the 90g going. I think I've got about 130-150lbs of rock in this tank right now! It's ridiculous.

photo-5.jpg

Nice pics of your corals. I like the one of your conch. My conch also does an incredible job. At night he buries himself in the sandbed. Once he wakes up in the morning he works all day. I glance over at him numerous times during the day and he is also cleaning and always in a different spot. I might get another one.

Bruce

• 6 months later...

Updated shots from the 55.... wow it's been a while since I've updated.

acan.jpg

chillincrab.jpg

zoafrag.jpg

Growth on my 2 week old birdsnest frag:

sps5.jpg

DSCF0453.jpg

DSCF0480.jpg

yuma.jpg

hosting.jpg

Wellsophyllia a couple minutes after putting in the tank. I've had him for a couple months now but no new shots. Looks the same but puffier :)

brain2.jpg

DSCF0449.jpg

DSCF0473.jpg

DSCF0454.jpg

SPS Island about 10 minutes after putting in tank. Great PE now.

spsfrags.jpg

Nosy clown when trying to take pick of ORA Green Birdsnest

sps2.jpg

fts12.jpg

paintblljnkie
Updated shots from the 55.... wow it's been a while since I've updated.

Nice looking tank man.I have a 55 I am wanting to set up soon. Hope it looks half this good.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived