Pod Your Reef

CoRPS' 55g Reef

CoRPS

I just now went to go take pictures of the dragon eyes, but for some reason my camera doesn't like them. I think it's the brightness of the skirts. I don't know but it won't focus on them.

dragoneye.jpg

Here's a picture of my newest conch, he does an AMAZING job.

conch.jpg

Edit: I also picked up some ricordeas today. Will post pictures when I put them in the tank.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Wow I haven't updated this in a while.

Since the last update I've added a Royal Gramma. My xenia have started to split and I have an explosion of growth on a couple of my zoa colonies. In 3 months the purple with gold skirt zoas have doubled, maybe even tripled in size. I've re-aquascaped and instead of having a zoa island I've spread them throughout the tank. Hopefully I'll have some pictures soon.

Till then, see ya!

• 2 weeks later...

I started dosing iodine when I noticed the problem. However it was too late, the hammer died a few days later. My calcium is always at around 400-410ish.

I started dosing iodine when I noticed the problem. However it was too late, the hammer died a few days later. My calcium is always at around 400-410ish.

tahts really poopy about the hammers....^but those shots are great! :D

I was feeding the fish tonight and my clown ran off after a piece of mysis and ran right into my black longspine urchin. He was acting pretty funny for a while, his breathing got much quicker and he started hiding a lot more, which is abnormal for him.

I had to go to school about 20 minutes later and hoped he wouldn't die. When I got back about 3 and a half hours later he was completely fine. He's still got a scare where he was stabbed (on the right side of his mouth, I think part of the spine is still actually in his body) but he's acting completely normal. Swimming around having a great time with the other clownfish.

I'll update tomorrow and maybe within the next couple of days if anything happens.

The little guy seems to be doing fine.

however, my tank is completely infested with stomatella snails. I came home yesterday and turned the lights on and saw about 10-20 of them crawling on the rocks, in the rocks, on the glass, everywhere. I've heard you can sell them for $2 a pop! I"M RICH #####!!!

I bought a beautiful flourescent green torch today. I'll post pictures once he's acclimated. I also am planning on going to a local reefers house tomorrow and buying a green monti cap... Very excited.

Yeah he's cool. I just installed my skimmer again after it got back from the distributor and it's all retracted right now. I think it's either the god awful amount of bubbles that it's getting hit with or maybe a little bit too much flow.

Also the way it's set in the rocks, the bottom two heads get less light and so they stay a bit more retracted than the top two heads. I'm hoping they realize what's going on and send out their tentacles further than the top two! If not I'm going to have to find another spot for it... But it's just so perfect where it is :(

In other news, I fragged off a piece of my radioactive dragon eyes for a friend. I fragged off four polyps and it came out pretty nice. So far two are completely open and the other two are opening. Going to try fragging off a couple more polyps so the rock isn't so empty!

DSCF0315.jpg

I also made a frag rack!

DSCF0318.jpg

It runs the entire length of the tank, and it's about..... 4" wide? It's pretty cool, can't wait to load it up with some frags! Don't mind the dirtiness. I was waiting for my skimmer to scrape all the ###### off. Now my excuse is that I want to wait until the skimmer is running at 100%. it's pretty gimp right now. Working with the distributor now to get a fix.

Skimmer is working pretty good, in the last 2 days I've got a nice amount of dirty smelly skim. A lot less bubbles in the display. The dragon eye frag is completely open. It's actually got 5 heads. I'll see if I can get a picture tomorrow when the lights are on. Should be going in his tank within the next couple of days.

In other news. I'm THINKING about upgrading my tank to a RR 75g and using the 55 as a fuge/sump. Also thinking about building a stand and canopy. This is all probably just the ramblings of a drunken mess right now but.. maybe... just maybe I'll do it.

First things first though, I need to get that 20L going. It's just sitting there collecting dust and disappointing looks. All that's really left is some foam, epoxy, sand for the back wall and it's ready to start it's cycle.

Archived