Innovative Marine Aquariums

24G Nano Cube

Khayman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your tank looks great, where did you get your live rock?

I was very picky on my LR. It took me a few weeks yo get all the peices picked out.

Where did you order your black sun coral from? I would love to get one. Can you post a pic when it arrives?

Once I get my black sun coral I will deffinatly post a pic. I also did some checking and Sun-Coral do not need to be fed shrimp. They car survive on photoplancton. Though they will grow faster if you feed myssis.

B)

I like your style!

How is the purple gorgonian doing?

The purple gorgonian is ok. Some days it looks great with all the white pollups out then other days very few of them. If anyone has anyadvice I would love to hear it. Also thankyou for your inquiry.

Here it is everyone at long last the Clam.

post-39211-1226175451_thumb.jpgpost-39211-1226175458_thumb.jpg

With a Flash. (Just look at the Green)

post-39211-1226175463_thumb.jpg

And the Dottyback has arrived. Brisstle worms days are numbered

post-39211-1226175467_thumb.jpg

I had to do a majior rescape this weekend. My fighting conch got its self stuck behind the rock work. I am happy to say all is well and I do think the scaping looks even better than before.

The clam has already fastend its foot down (less than 2 days). So it is very happy.

The dotty back has not been seen since it was put in the tank. I have alot of caves for it to hide in. I am concerned about it eating. Does anyone have any advise?

My spiny cucumber is doing a great job of getting my substratye cleaned up. Yeah

I will also get some pictures posted of the new scaping as soon as I can.

Tankyou all for reading and for the great comments. ;)

November 2008

By Popular Demand here are the new pics.

I have not been here alot since the World Of Warcraft Expansion sorry. :lol:

There has been alot going on in my little nano world however.

Front ------------------------------------ Top

post-39211-1227369396_thumb.jpg --- post-39211-1227369509_thumb.jpg

Left

post-39211-1227369484_thumb.jpg

Right ----------------------------------- Flash

post-39211-1227369497_thumb.jpg --- post-39211-1227369503_thumb.jpg

Darwins (Male is names Samson Female Delilah)

post-39211-1227369460_thumb.jpg

Clam ---------------------------- Clam Top

post-39211-1227369454_thumb.jpg --- post-39211-1227369447_thumb.jpg

Corals

White Star Polyp

post-39211-1227369521_thumb.jpg

Orange Sun Coral ------------------------------Yellow Suncoral

post-39211-1227369491_thumb.jpg --- post-39211-1227369527_thumb.jpg

Hammer Coral

post-39211-1227369468.jpg

Torch Coral

post-39211-1227369516_thumb.jpg

Button (Iam actually Unsure on what this is. It was free because it only had 4 heads on it and it was only a spec when my LFS gave it to me. It now has 13 or 14 heads).

post-39211-1227371757_thumb.jpg

Leather Coral

post-39211-1227369475_thumb.jpg

Well everyone this is my update. I hope you all enjoy it and I do look forward to any and all comments you have. I was very excited to finally get a half decent picture of my Darwin Clowns. Also my Purple Gargonian died on me. I suspect it was stung by my Torch. They were close to one another.

Nice tank! Your suns look like they are receding though. Consider the following feeding method:

http://diy-aquarium.com/do-it-yourself/add...ter_feeder.html

A frozen marine blend is recommended (mysis etc.). Suns do not live by phyto alone.

--bubbles

Thankyou for the advice. I have started feeding Mysis every 2 days. Though even without the Mysis they were both growing new heads. I bought the Orange with only 10 heads it now has over 20 and the Yellow was very sick and was given to me by my LFS to see if I could get it healthy again. The yellow cam with only 4 large heads alive and it now has between 7-10 heads. I love my suns they are very cool.

I have some cyno that keep eating the flesh off the skelly surrounding the heads though. I was told not to really worry about it, that it will not kill the suns heads. I do my best to keep them cleaned off. I am thinking of treating for the Cyno. I am just worried the chem I have for it will harm my corals and fish. Any thoughts on this?

Thankyou for the advice. I have started feeding Mysis every 2 days. Though even without the Mysis they were both growing new heads. I bought the Orange with only 10 heads it now has over 20 and the Yellow was very sick and was given to me by my LFS to see if I could get it healthy again. The yellow cam with only 4 large heads alive and it now has between 7-10 heads. I love my suns they are very cool.

I have some cyno that keep eating the flesh off the skelly surrounding the heads though. I was told not to really worry about it, that it will not kill the suns heads. I do my best to keep them cleaned off. I am thinking of treating for the Cyno. I am just worried the chem I have for it will harm my corals and fish. Any thoughts on this?

In my experience when they get that sunken look and the connective tissue starts to recede then they are starting to suffer. Suns will release tiny gametes when they are stressed so that might account for the multiple new heads cropping up - but that's more of an escape strategy. Healthy suns are plump with robust connective tissue. Are they still opening up during feeding?

They need lots of concentrated food so that's why the bottle method comes in handy. Unfortunately it also encourages cyano but I would not dose for that. Consider alternatives like: vacuuming out the slime with each water change, more nassarius snails, increasing flow to affected area, reducing light, getting a skimmer, larger water changes, and the introduction of macro algae.

Oh yeah, I forgot one. Some sun owners actually remove their suns and feed in a separate bowl. After the feed they place them back in the display tank. Really cuts down on phosphates and nitrates.

--bubbles

In my experience when they get that sunken look and the connective tissue starts to recede then they are starting to suffer. Suns will release tiny gametes when they are stressed so that might account for the multiple new heads cropping up - but that's more of an escape strategy. Healthy suns are plump with robust connective tissue. Are they still opening up during feeding?

They need lots of concentrated food so that's why the bottle method comes in handy. Unfortunately it also encourages cyano but I would not dose for that. Consider alternatives like: vacuuming out the slime with each water change, more nassarius snails, increasing flow to affected area, reducing light, getting a skimmer, larger water changes, and the introduction of macro algae.

Oh yeah, I forgot one. Some sun owners actually remove their suns and feed in a separate bowl. After the feed they place them back in the display tank. Really cuts down on phosphates and nitrates.

--bubbles

ty

I Added a cleaner shimp lastnight. To my complete amazment her went right to my orange sun and cleared the cyno off. He then did the same to my Yellow sun. Has anyone ever seen a cleaner do this before?

What do you have for lighting? Is it stock lighting?

Yes all I have is stock lighting that came with the JBJ 24g Deluxe. All my corals are doing great so I have no plans in upgrading.

Archived