SaltCritters.com

32Gallon DIY AIO Tank

Squinchy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So i got the stand built :), just need to get one shelf in there and all the electrics in and then i can put water in the tank :D

Here are some pictures (Im also doing some remodeling to the apartment so sorry for the mess haha :D)

342113709.jpg

342113748.jpg

342114015.jpg

And i did a water test after i put the plywood on the stand :)

342114043.jpg

all i need now are some floats witches, you think www.floatswitches.net send to Iceland ?, cause there is no way im paying 64$ for some thing that costs 7$ omgomgomg

Man, that tank looks tasty! Nice work on the stand.

Looks like the only default shipping options are USA or Canada on the website. You might want to call/email them. They might make special allowances.

If you cant get them to help you out, I'd be willing to be the middle man for you, BUT just because you live in a damn cool country and your going to buy me a plane ticket to Iceland...

Let me know

Oh awesome looking tank btw

Thanks Drew but I'm already hooked up with the switches :D

Finished varnishing the stand so it's all sealed up tight :) and I'm very proud of my cabinet door :D i used 4* 6.kg cabinet magnets to hold it in place that way i wont need any cut in door or any door handles, just flat and clean front panel almost like there is no open able cabinet there :lol:

342285307.jpg

Also did finish the media rack in the tank

342283805.jpg

And here is the tank it my hobby room (Where it will be up and running soon) with the 2 bags of RedSae Reef Base substrate and my MH and PC light's :)

342284749.jpg

I was going to put one shelf in there but it's not doing any good, sins i need some height for my ATO system so if i put in a shelf there wont be much space above it, but i i decide to put it in there it's ready to be fitted in

Justin Streitler

About to start my tank, what silicone did you use?, and just to make sure, you put the sides on top of the bottom glass? Im thinking that is the best way.

I put 22lb in there and it's around 1"1/2 - 2" :)

Thanks JKUNZ :)

Justin don't remember the name of that silicone but any 100% silicone will do, no i had the sides glued on the side of the bottom, you get a better hold that way, and it's easier to control the spacing of the glass from the bottom so all the silicone wont be pushed out

Plus it just looks way better that way

Thanks Semi :D yeah the magnet's work so well i love them :D, im going to do the same thing for my hood witch i just started doing

i put panel varnish on it (Jotun panellakk), hope it can handle the heat from the MH ? or do i need some heat resistant paint ?

342596971.jpg

Got the MH in a plywood board that will fit inside the hood

342597064.jpg

The back side

342597016.jpg

And the Whole glory :D

342595436.jpg

I did start cutting the panels to cover the hood but i got tiered so I'm going to finish it to morrow :)

was wondering same.Did you silicone around outside edge that the wall meets glass sides?I ordered up my glass for my 22x22x14 and think gonna do aio but not sure about false wall setup yet........

Yes it's plexi :) and i just silicone it to the glass, the edge of the plexi is rough enough for the silicone to bond to it, but don't trust it to well :P

So the hood is almost finished, I now have 3 panels on the hood, i need more magnets to place the last panel :P

Here are some pics of the whole thing :)

342877458.jpg

342877532.jpg

Love these magnets! :D

342877369.jpg

I put 2 Peppermint Shrimp in the tank, i needed to take there 20 liter tank down so they got the 32Gallon as there new home :D, showing good colors so they look happy with there new home :D

342878044.jpg

Thanks every one :D

disaster Yes i have 2* 36W T5PC Actinic light's you can see the holders for the bulbs in picture nr.2 in my last post

I got the MH in a store Called Rafkaup here in Iceland, not sure that helps you at all haha :D

Looking sweet. The magnet idea is really effective.

Float switches will be here today, and I'll get them out to you ASAP. Shoot me a PM with your address details.

Archived