Coral Vue Hydros

32Gallon DIY AIO Tank

Squinchy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats 1/4 inch right?Im thinking of building similiar setup but little bigger foot print but ony 14ish high but not sure if should go 1/4 or 3/8 thick.Oh and how much did the good glass cost you if dont mind asking?

Yeah that's 1/4 glass and it cost me 6577 ISL (58,99$ compared to the exchange rate now)

Go with the 1/4 cause it's safer and dose not cost much more being the extra safety you get

• 2 weeks later...

Got i skimmer that i might use on this tank, it's rated for 69 Gallon tank, pretty simple skimmer

Tested it on my 5,2 Gallon, that i am starting up for a quarantine tank

340254517.jpg

Was also testing my MH on that tank, i decided to go with the 20000K Arcadia lamp :)

Great looking tank any secrets on getting the black silicone looking so clean? I am looking at building my next tank and would like some advice

that skimmer looks just like the AA skimmer

http://www.aa-aquarium.com/showroom4.php?id=164&level=1

image486b06fd8df6c.jpg

im using one of their smaller version of protein skimmer. so far its doing a pretty good job for 2 bucks. i would raise the skimmer up to prevent filling the cup with salt water and overflowing. i have mind sticking half way out of the water

DSC_0308.jpg

anyone know what the tube beside the skimmer body is for? not the air hose

oops, its more like 4.50...got my conversion rates wrong...

yeah, im in hong kong and AA aquarium is a local company. got that skimmer for really cheap. ad on a air pump which literally is 2 bucks i got a pretty decent skimmer.

this is what it pulled last time i cleaned it

2939674953_ba2f1ff2d5_b.jpg

Yeah that's the same skimmer :) it has the AA logo and letters on the lid of the cup, yeah i have been having that overfilling of my cup, going to place it higher when i get home to day :)

The tube beside the skimmer is for the air lift, to pull water threw the skimmer, so the skimmer dose not have an open bottom but used in a sump it dose not need to use the air lift, when there is nothing in the sump to wander in to the skimmer :P

NICE skimming btw :D

I am going to make my own ATO system using a Relay switch and 2 float switches

Here is the design i came up with

340512726.jpg

The WC switch is to turn off the system when i do my WC

The two float switches might have something around 1" height difference to them

When the LO Float Switch is triggered the K1 will turn on the ATO pump and the K1 (12-13) will hold the current on for the relay until the HI Float Switch is triggered and then cuts off the power to the relay

You think it will work ? B)

Maybe add a timer on the system, if the HI Float Switch fails the timer will cut the power after a few sec preventing the tank fro overflowing

and just set the timer a few sec longer then the average time it takes to to off

340530354.jpg

Overkill ? :P

Got my 24W T5 PC Actinic bulb and ballast to day via mail

Guess what, the bulb dose not work and it was the last one in all of Iceland!, just my luck :)

I just called the store that i ordered the PC from and they are going to let me have a 2x 36W ballast and 2 36W Actinic bulbs in exchange for the 24W ballast and bulb

Have to pay the difference but that's ok :) so with 150W MH and 2*36W PC im going to have 222W of light's :D that's pretty good for a 32G right ? :)

Archived