Pod Your Reef

My little clam.

Troniman

CA dosing because they will deplete that fairy fast. u got CA test kit?

dam my LFS wants $30 for a CA test kit...ebay sells it for $10. shipped.

how big is your tank? phytoplankton is a option but if u have a small tank forget it. just a lot of light is enough. Croceas are the most light hungry thing i have ever seen....

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool cam. I get mine very soon. My lfs has it for me but they are making sure it will be ok before i bring it home woo woo. My LFS rules.

Good lighting and if you have fish and you feed them, there is no need to feed extra. Dosing Ca is a good idea! I dose Ca, Alk, and Mag every day! Good Luck with your clam!

Your clam is fabulous. I'm glad to see the hobby going well in Cataluna. I used to live in a little town near there. The town of Blanes. That was over 30 years ago.

Mind your calcium and alkalinity as the clam needs that for building its shell. You can feed it things like reef chili or other foodstuffs that are in the 50 nano meter range. It does filter feed btw. And it also likes a small amount of nitrates in the water. This doesn't mean you should either add nitrates or not keep up with water changes and the like. It means that if you do have slight nitrates in the water it will help with cleaning them up.

Archived