Top Shelf Aquatics

Clam question

FishHeaded

I know I originally started this thread regarding bristle worms, but since this thread is still up on the first page, I guess I will just post my questions here.

So at my LFS they have clams around 1" to 2", is there any negatives to getting clams this small? Thanks guys

I know I originally started this thread regarding bristle worms, but since this thread is still up on the first page, I guess I will just post my questions here.

So at my LFS they have clams around 1" to 2", is there any negatives to getting clams this small? Thanks guys

yes, they have heavy disadvantages. They are much more reliant upon energy derived from feeding from the water column at that size, and don't often do well unless you have a very good feeding regimen for them- over 2.5" or so is much better.

As long as you have good lighting and good water params..... you can keep a smaller size clam. If you have fish and you feed them, the clam will get what it needs from the fish waste, plus good lighting is beneficial for the clams' zooanthallae. You can also supplement feeding by occassionally adding some DTs' Phyto. HTH!!

As long as you have good lighting and good water params..... you can keep a smaller size clam. If you have fish and you feed them, the clam will get what it needs from the fish waste, plus good lighting is beneficial for the clams' zooanthallae. You can also supplement feeding by occassionally adding some DTs' Phyto. HTH!!

Thanks! I probably will go with a 2inch clam

Archived