Pod Your Reef

Crocea placement.. Depht in relation to lighting?

dflash

I have read more than a few posts and internet articles about recommended placement of a Crocea. I'm aware of not placing them on the sand, not between tight rocks crevices, not too much flow. But when if comes to how close to the lights, everyone just says upped 1/3. Is there ever a possibility of too much light? I have mine in s 29G Biocube on top of a rock shelf about 5" from the water surface right under a 150w MH Sunpod mounted in the factory stand-offs. This will place the light about 4" over the water. For a total of 9". I have read that their color is actually pigments to protect them UV and that they are found on the shallows in the reefs sometimes even exposed. I've had it for 4 days and it already attached and it seems healthy and responsive.

I just don't know if its too much light and that I end up burning it.

Feedback?

Thanks

If it looks good, don't move it. If they feel like they are too close to the light, they will often release their byssal threads and tumble down, attaching somewhere else.

I don't think that your MH could possibly reproduce the intensity of the sun, even at 9" from the clam. But BKtomodachi hits the nail on the head, if it didn't like it, it would get away.

I don't think that your MH could possibly reproduce the intensity of the sun, even at 9" from the clam. But BKtomodachi hits the nail on the head, if it didn't like it, it would get away.

Archived