ReefCleaners.org

clam rip off

qbical

so my LFS has a pretty nice 2" T.Maxima clam that i have been eyeballing for quite sometime now. i finally asked the price and she told me 120$ :bling:

is that price totally f#$%^& redic. or is it me? it is also 40% off so it would be like $87 bucks, but still.

it also had a few pieces of aptesia on its shell and i asked if i would get charged for those too lol

(told me they would take that off if i wanted them too but w/ how she handled it idk i would want them too)

is it me or does this price see a little steep for a small t.maxima?

this one is also blue, although very nice patterns especially around the edge of the mantle

i totally want it but at the same time i just feel like im getting taken at that price (ALTHOUGH i dont have to deal w shipping stress on it or cost)

just got a nice 2.5" long roughly T. Derasa with very nice colors fro the LFS yesterday for $25.....the small Maximas blues were $50

At $120, might as well order one from a website like ClamsDirect (when they reopen) and get something amazing.

But yeah, that's waaay over. Clams in this area are slightly higher than most (due to barely anyone carrying/wanting them) but not anything close to that. A 4-5" Golden Teardrop Maxima was at the LFS a few weeks ago for $70.

gulfsurfer101

That's too high, especailly for one with pests growing on them. The normal going rate for one is about 35-45 bucks and I can get some about 6"+ across for around 75 bucks at my favorite LFS up in San Antone. I was just there this weekend and picked up some superman and green velvet monti for the price of mere frags. He also had a giant maxima about 12"-16" across for $299. If I was thinking of paying that much for one I would definately look online for a better quality vendor.

so my LFS has a pretty nice 2" T.Maxima clam that i have been eyeballing for quite sometime now. i finally asked the price and she told me 120$ :bling:

is that price totally f#$%^& redic. or is it me? it is also 40% off so it would be like $87 bucks, but still.

it also had a few pieces of aptesia on its shell and i asked if i would get charged for those too lol

(told me they would take that off if i wanted them too but w/ how she handled it idk i would want them too)

is it me or does this price see a little steep for a small t.maxima?

Depends on the grade....if you can't tell the difference than that doesn't matter.

• 1 month later...

just bought a 4.5" derasa from divers den for 89.00

The thing is HUGE its like 4.5 x 3.5.. its fat :P :P but yeah, thats too much for that teeny tiny clam

I agree with fragglereef. They have this one for 50 bucks right now.

1014purple%20rim%20maxima%202-3_%2050.JPG

Jess

I agree with fragglereef. They have this one for 50 bucks right now.

1014purple%20rim%20maxima%202-3_%2050.JPG

Jess

that's purrrrty.

+1 fraggle reef

i just got a crocea from miguel last week. nice beauty and at a great price! no steenkin' 120!

Archived