Coral Vue Hydros

MarineKeepers 12g nano adventure w/ pics!

marinekeeper

Thanks for all the positive feedback folks. I am still looking for a sunpod 70w mh light. If I dont find one soon, I think I am going to order the Hamilton Technology bmini 70w. I am just not happy with the colors of some corals under the 48 watts of PC.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks j'field. Its hard to update more as I am so busy with work, but I try to stay on top of things. I guess I am happy with the color and growth, but I know with a MH light, both would be much better.

I am waying my options on the light for now.

Daaaaaam! nice tank!!

love the black sand..I tried and it scratched mah glass :(

I have never had a problem with the sand scratching my glass. Just make sure it doesnt get between the mag floats when cleaning the glass.

I have never had a problem with the sand scratching my glass. Just make sure it doesnt get between the mag floats when cleaning the glass.

Yeah, I didn't noe that the black sand got so much iron too at first! :huh: Till my friend told me that he had a shock to see his mag float was covered up with the sand and it looks like a black sea cucumber! :P

And he had a hard time cleaning it.

Yeah, I didn't noe that the black sand got so much iron too at first! :huh: Till my friend told me that he had a shock to see his mag float was covered up with the sand and it looks like a black sea cucumber! :P

And he had a hard time cleaning it.

Yeah, I rarely use that mag ne ways. I have switched over to a sponge type glass cleaner. You have to get your hands in the tank, but ........

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I added some more rock to my aquascape to change it a bit. I was trying to utilize more of the height in the tank that I had left. I think when all is said and done, I now have 20lbs of rock in the tank. I also added another false perc named junior to mate up w/ my female. In addition to that, I also got 2 new rics (orange and a blue/green) and a new frag of some kiwi peach zoas. I will get some pics up ASAP.

Thank you,

awesome looking tank what size loc line did you use

Hey thank you, I am thinking that was the 1/2 " version from Glass-holes.com. Great place with free shipping on orders over 15 us dollars

awesome I am goiung to check them out did you have to put in a bulkhead or attach over old output.

No bulkhead, the Y adapter just slides right onto the nub that is sticking out of the jbj 12 dx. Once you have the Y on, you can do whatever you like.

sweet I am going to place a order today

just wish I knew for sure whether its 1/2 or 3/4

Just measure yours and that will tell you

Ok, here are those pics I was talking about. Again, I am no photgrapher, but these should give you folks a general idea.

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

How do you people get such nice shots of your reef? I give the quality of these photos about a 4 out of 10 compared to some I have seen on this site.

nice tank.

what camera do you have?

Thanks on the comment. The camera is a canon powershot A640. It takes beautiful pictures, just not of the tank for some reason.

marinebiologist

same with me. i have a sony DSC-H10 and the pics i take with it are amazing. But when i take tank shots they turn out horrible.

same with me. i have a sony DSC-H10 and the pics i take with it are amazing. But when i take tank shots they turn out horrible.

lol. i use my mom's $500 camera

We are doing something wrong! I am not sure about lighting or what setting it really needs to be on. I know macro shot, but there has to be more to it than that. Any advice peeps?

lol. i use my mom's $500 camera

I see that and they are not turning out any better than mine, although you do have a nice tank. Most pics I see on here are just killer!

Once again, thank you. I think I need to slow down on stocking and let this continue to grow out. I am however planning on 2 or 3 more frags. 1 frag of zoas,1 frag of birdsnest and a frag of ??????

Go Ghost!

Archived