inTank Media Baskets

2g rimless custom pico cube, 9x9x7in

airman_verde04

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
airman_verde04
Airman, don't you have an AC70?

You can fit a marineland stealth 25W or 50W in there and that will alleviate your problem..

Post #68

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...92852&st=60

no, i'm using the AC50.. :( I think I got it figured out.. the last two days I've only seen the temp drop past 77.5 once, otherwise its been between 77-78.8 MONEY!! time for a CUC ..

Sounds like you've figured it out, but the Hydor Theo 25w heater is the smallest heater that I know of. I was able to fit one in a Whisper 110 powerfilter.

airman_verde04

yeah, things are doing well. just bringing up the PH/KH.. ordering a CUC from reefcleaners, should get them next week.. I'm excited!

airman_verde04
What are you getting for a CUC? You'll be more than happy with your order from Reef Cleaners. Definitely top notch.

lets see, i'm getting 2 small nerites, 4 dwarf ceriths, 1 nass, 6 periwinkles.

airman_verde04

well, its been almost a month, and my pet rocks are really really boring to watch. So after a few issues, and a few complications I have ordered my CUC from Reef Cleaners. they will be shipping them out next Monday, so I should have them in Wed next week. this is going to be a quick turn over from CUC too fish, but I'll let the little guys do there job cleaning up the mess almost a month worth of empty tank has made. they should have plenty of yummy stuff to munch on. I'll take a up to date picture next week..

airman_verde04

holy cow people! well, its almost been a month since I started my tank... and since I started off with dry rock and sand that looked dead.. so anyways, I thought that I would never see life till I paid for it and put it in myself, but the last too weeks have been crazy with my tank. my micro algae is like an inch long now, so I'm feeling I have about another month for my CUC to eat down the goods before I will put my YCG. oh well... aside of that I got some major pod life, so Its looking good for natural tank food.. I'm pumped.. pictures coming on Wed.

airman_verde04

well.. the CUC is here!! and they are tiny!! haha. but for the most part it looks like the're going to work.. I'm running the lights off for two days since the algae is a bit long.. I already had one snail, he is pretty set on not staying in the tank.. second time hes tried to commit snail-a-cide.

I got a question for the masses? so I'm still dealing with low PH and KH, would that cause my tank to grow algae faster? I'm just wondering...

anyways, I'm a bit busy but will try to upload pictures by tomorrow morning.

airman_verde04

hey folks,

tanks doing well, getting ready for a water change today, other than that I just havne't been so worried about posting new pictures.. its just snails and rock... I guess I'll try to get a few in this week. I think I'm just enjoying my tank for myself! haha. sorry, I'll share soon enough. Happy Thanksgiving!

airman_verde04

HAHAHA>. sorry, well, I have a paper due today, so I'm slaving at the computer, but I should have time to take a break and take a few quick pictures. I got my Yellow Clown Goby yesterday, he is doing ok.. today will be the first feeding at the house.. he ate before leaving the LFS, so I hope will will be well.. His name is Sunny...My life is acting weird, the ballast to the actinics doesn't turn on every time, I think theres a loose wire, because I can take the light and it will come on, I'll mess with that later this week.. but for now, i have to write about Shakespeare for the 20th time in my life.

• 2 weeks later...
airman_verde04

Hey everyone, just wanted to post real quick a few pictures.. nothing exciting going on in my tank.. my fish is doing well, he's eating, though he just hangs out on the back wall, I think hes still a bit shy and doesn't like me just yet, I'll see him hanging out on the rock here and there, but when he sees me, back to the back wall he goes.. I guess he thinks I cant see him there.. anyways..

the color is a bit off, but for the most part, I'm at the green stage before everything purples up.. I'm thinking about not keeping my tank actually, things on the normal side of life are nice.. first time I've worked during the day and got off at the same time as my wife in 3 years.. so I feel normal, not that I dont like my tank, I just dont sit around an empty house all morning lonely anymore.. I'm thinking about it.. not sure if I will or not.. so I'm just going to sleep on it.. maybe post it for sale on the local forum for a ridiculous price to see if anyone will take it.. its been a great hobby to keep me not feeling so lonely, but I'm coming out of the dark I guess you could say, and with the moves back to the Mountains next year, skiing, rockclimbing, hiking and mountain bikes will most defendantly become the bulk of my life again, just like it was before I moved away...

more too come.. ENJOY THE PICS!

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

Heres Sunny hanging out on the back wall

IMG_0548.jpg

Tank looks really great David. I would hate to see you take it down after it finally coming to fruition. I hope you don't get out of the hobby, but we all understand how that goes. Well sorta :)

Good luck selling it locally if you decide to go that route....get ready for some really low ball offers as people are a little crazy here <_<

airman_verde04
Tank looks really great David. I would hate to see you take it down after it finally coming to fruition. I hope you don't get out of the hobby, but we all understand how that goes. Well sorta :)

Good luck selling it locally if you decide to go that route....get ready for some really low ball offers as people are a little crazy here <_<

Oh I know right? yeah, I think I'm just mostly adjusting to normalcy, and since I dont have a ATO set up to the thing right now, it feels over taxing as far as daily work.. I think if I get my ATO set back up, I'll feel a little better ya know.. this topping off myself crap blows! not to mention when my fish stops just hanging out on the back wall.. how boring can it be!! I'm a bit all over the place right now, doing lots of upgrades to the DJ biz, and its just super taxing on my free time and thoughts on monetary possessions, and I have a business bank account!!! so I dont know what I'm thinking.. :bling: DJ goodies are in the mail though... this year is going to be sweet for the Wedding season...

you know what I need.. ATO, and then a some new zoas to brighten up the tank a bit...

• 2 weeks later...

definitely get an ato, i built one that works great for my pico using a float switch and an aqua lifter and some tubing and it only cost about $25. it definitely has saved me a lot of time and hassle of dealing with the tank and i was even able to leave the tank for 6 days over a break unattended

airman_verde04
definitely get an ato, i built one that works great for my pico using a float switch and an aqua lifter and some tubing and it only cost about $25. it definitely has saved me a lot of time and hassle of dealing with the tank and i was even able to leave the tank for 6 days over a break unattended

yeah, I have an ATO from my 10g I took down, I just need to set it up to my pico.. I'm just lazy

airman_verde04
sunny looks a little thin.... :(

Yeah, he's not eating as much as I think he should. I'm setting up my ATO this week and going to do a few water changes a week and over feed a bit to fatt'n him up. He still doesn't come out from the back of the back wall in the tank often. I hope he starts to get more animated.

Archived