Pod Your Reef

Suggested clam for Red Sea Max

dsnider

Hi,

I've noticed a couple of people talking about clams in their red sea max and I saw StevieT's post with a clam. I am considering a clam for the red sea max. I'd like to know what people think about the type of clam that would do best in a RSM as well as where the best placment (sand, rock, high, low, etc). Also, what is the best place to look for information on clam care? Sort of a clam 101 type website?

Awesome! How long did it take to get that big? Also, how often are you changing your RSM lights? I think mine might be ready for a change. Want to make sure the little clam is happy.

I believe they grow rather quickly when young, mine was a bit larger when purchased, but still has grown some under the stock lighting.

I changed my bulbs at 8 months. I would say 7 months would be the time to change them, you will see the difference!

I change the bulbs once a year. It started out as a 3/4 inch clam and now is around a inch and a half long. Ihave had it for 8 months or so. It was the smallest clam that I had ever seen, had to have it.

Archived