Cultivated Reef

clam and valentini puffer

nano427

Anybody have any experience with a clam and a valentini puffer? I've had no problems with this guy with my coral at all, but he does chomp a snail every now and then. I really want a maxima but dont want it to be breakfast for the puffer? I know nothings a guarantee but whats your experience?

Avalon_Princess

From what I've read its a virtual guarantee the puffer will eat the clam, their often natural predators of clams, I wouldn't risk it...

my valentini is has also never touched any of my corals, but now that he's getting bigger he's been eating some of my hermits and has always occasionally chomped at snails, but i wouldn't risk it.

Avalon_Princess
my valentini is has also never touched any of my corals, but now that he's getting bigger he's been eating some of my hermits and has always occasionally chomped at snails, but i wouldn't risk it.

A clam is vastly different from a coral...

Well bad news, this isn't an issue for me anymore. My valentini puffer commited suicide today. He jumped into the back chamber on my aquapod and got stuck to the mj 1200. Doesnt appear he released any toxins into the water, everybody else looks fine. Such a bummer. But at least I get to go clam shopping now.

Archived