ReefCleaners.org

Zombo's FrankenWave9: Mirrors and LEDs

Zombo

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The turbinaria and acro bit the dust too. The tank itself is doing much better with the addition of the protein skimmer and when I changed the floss out yesterday, it was PACKED with sludge. I'm going to add another piece of eggcrate as slices of "bread" in which to stuff floss, and still abandoning any hope of ever running a successful 'fuge :eek:

The LED's continue to perform perfectly and the ability to dim them is a real bonus -- when they turn on in the morning, nice blue, then over the course of an hour, I turn up the Q5's. You guys get pictures today -- I'm putting the camera in my backpack right NOW! :D

Until Zombo chimes in, I'll fill you guys in on a little secret. Many of you know that Zombo and I work together, and when I came in this morning, his LED-pimped-out NanoWave 9 was GONE. GONE I say!

In its place ... well, I'll let you see for yourself:

DSC00304.jpg

I guess he gave up. omgomgomg

Okay, quit yer #####in' ;)

Bella -- in a frisky pose!

image1.jpg

FTS - no flash

image5.jpg

Paly cluster in center, with a rhodactis in the back, and a ric below

image12.jpg

Generic brown palythoas (I know, boring...)

image13.jpg

Pipe Organ Coral

image14.jpg

Little Eagle Eye rock -- nice little zoas

image15.jpg

Various gsp-like things (and Bella dashing away)

image16.jpg

Too bad my camera sucks so bad :(

Even though they are only regular blue LEDs, they seem to be picking out some decent colors. I wish DX and KD would start stocking the royal blues. They cost twice as much in the US.

Maybe with the retrofit on the CAD 22 I just ordered, I'll do a strip of Q5's or Rebels and two actinic T5HO's.....just food for thought.

The Propagator

I require more updated photos and less winning !

:P

It does suck horribly bad.

I am normally clearing almost a grand a week on Ebay this time of year. I am getting a little more then half that if I am lucky now. THANK GOD for local sales is all I can say :lol:

Archived