Cultivated Reef

Zombo's FrankenWave9: Mirrors and LEDs

Zombo

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Propagator

" Johnny 5 is alive ! "

Freaking sweet build ! I damn near pitched a tent at how clean it came out !

NICE JOB !

:)

" Johnny 5 is alive ! "

Freaking sweet build ! I damn near pitched a tent at how clean it came out !

NICE JOB !

:)

A compliment like that from you, Prop, means lots to me! Thanks! :) The lps/sps frags seem to be adapting well to the lighting, although my mantis shrimp had a bit of a freak out (she kept curling into a ball, and swimming all over at blazing speed and then whacking ###### in the tank randomly). I've been pondering buying a 12g or 22g CAD setup from oceanreeflections, and retrofitting the supplied lighting fixture on one of them ;)

*must.....resist....temptation.....to.....spend....money....on......LEDs.....*

The Propagator

Oh man I hope you NEVER find out about those Solaris fixtures then made by PFO.... Or the Galileo fixtures they make.....

OOOPS !!!!

Now your gonna go out and drop $900.00 on one aren't you ?

:haha:

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE !!! YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED !!!!

:P

I gotta hand it to you Zombo, looks like you nailed it!

How easy is it to replace a fried LED in case something goes wrong?

unsolder wire, unscrew mounting bolt, put on new LED, bolt down, solder, done. I'd be willing to bet that I could do it in under 5 minutes.

Yup, even Zombo can do it in five minutes...

...The rest of the world can do it in three :P

Just bustin yer balls man :)

Got any new pictures with the sps under the LEDs?

Awesome build Zombo, really want to try one myself. Getting the right parts (power supply/buckpucks) for the right LEDs seems a little daunting though. Gonna try to scrape up some cash, not easy lately, and try to get one going.

Chris

It's not too bad once you get started. Sometimes it's just getting through all the mumbo-jumbo and down to the real details that can be hard.

Let me know if you need a hand.

The Propagator

:(

Get some Kent Marine Tech-D asap and dip your sps in it.

Works GREAT on lps and sps but just dont use it on anemones or softies.

:(

Get some Kent Marine Tech-D asap and dip your sps in it.

Works GREAT on lps and sps but just dont use it on anemones or softies.

Stuck at work, and can't get away :(

Did you get some ?

Well, the plate bit the dust. The pocillopora is a white dead thing. The hammer is hanging in there. I'm bringing in a protein skimmer from home and adding it to the 'fuge/sump area. I discovered many dead rotting things underneath the chaeto in the back, explaining the high nitrate levels. Once I get a handle on the water quality, I'll try again.

I cleaned out the refugium area completely, and packed in some floss, and added a spare protein skimmer this morning (it's already pulling some nasty ass skimmate). I'll do another water change later today and test tomorrow. The hammer coral is still clinging on to life, though I'm noticing some tissue recession on the blue acro and the turbinaria today :(

Everythiing else coral-wise is looking good (all opened up, no sliming, etc.), and Bella is happily doing her own version of aquascaping.

Archived