Cultivated Reef

my piece of reef!My tank crashed during hurricane Sandy!

m'akoyPINOY

I have one one my 29 biocube. Plastic frame available at Lowes. Wider than the metal screen frame so it covers more of the edge of the tank. From my reading fish usually jump on the sides. They travel up the glass and out for the most part.

Here are the components.

731677150001md.jpg

731677350043md.jpg

047888186402md.jpg

There is also a corner connector made from vinyl that I cannot find a picture of but look like these metal ones.

022011603735md.jpg

And of course the 3/8" pond netting.

51rRtJ3mYqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I used 3/8 inch and double layered it. I had it single layered but my first yellow Head Jawfish jumped right through it. So now instead of one layer of a 3/8 inch square opening in the net i have the two layers crossed so that the square is a box with a X in it. You can see what I mean in the picture.

01nettop.jpg

You can order 1/4" pond netting on line, however I did not only because I did not know if the fish would still be able to launch itself through the square hole. I was really surprised one day when my wife had my 2 year old granddaughter call me at work and tell me that the new jawfish was all dried up on the carpet!

all the supplies were from Lowe's except the pond net. They may even have that.

Don't have a full pic of mine but here is one another reefer made from the plans I gave him.

IMG_0193.jpg

If you have a square tank it will be much easier because we had to trim for the bow front of the 29 biocube.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, Makoy, the new Helfriechis are :wub:

And the clown in clam sandwich made me giggle. :lol:

thanks anne!

Wow real pretty Helfriechi's u got there. Stupid clown LOL

hey kim glad you like it.

Makoy - here's a good plan for a mesh top:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...mp;pagenumber=8

nice link good read,dhaut.pls,make me one? :lol:

I have one one my 29 biocube. Plastic frame available at Lowes. Wider than the metal screen frame so it covers more of the edge of the tank. From my reading fish usually jump on the sides. They travel up the glass and out for the most part.

Here are the components.

731677150001md.jpg

731677350043md.jpg

047888186402md.jpg

There is also a corner connector made from vinyl that I cannot find a picture of but look like these metal ones.

022011603735md.jpg

And of course the 3/8" pond netting.

51rRtJ3mYqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I used 3/8 inch and double layered it. I had it single layered but my first yellow Head Jawfish jumped right through it. So now instead of one layer of a 3/8 inch square opening in the net i have the two layers crossed so that the square is a box with a X in it. You can see what I mean in the picture.

01nettop.jpg

You can order 1/4" pond netting on line, however I did not only because I did not know if the fish would still be able to launch itself through the square hole. I was really surprised one day when my wife had my 2 year old granddaughter call me at work and tell me that the new jawfish was all dried up on the carpet!

all the supplies were from Lowe's except the pond net. They may even have that.

Don't have a full pic of mine but here is one another reefer made from the plans I gave him.

IMG_0193.jpg

If you have a square tank it will be much easier because we had to trim for the bow front of the 29 biocube.

thank you spanko for for the step by step on how to make a cover.i'm going to HD tomorrow and get some of the things i needed. :)

nanoreefnate
so my true perc is now hosting my crocea.i turn off the PH to feed my acans and suddenly my true perc

went inside my crocea and got stuck for several seconds..call my wife to look at it and she was panicking!

i thought he's a goner, i turn on the PH and the crocea open up and my true perc got out.whew!

oh,and i took some pics! :lol:

shoot i'm stuck!

helfrichs002.jpg

pls,open up!!!

helfrichs003.jpg

no pearl,WTF!

helfrichs004.jpg

WTF...that Amazing...:haha: :haha: :haha:

luck fish....

i'll go in on one with you - I've gotta make one for my top tank.

Wait! Whaddya mean go in on it? I need one too, but I'm DIY challenged. How bout you guys construct and I'll serve the beer?

Curly Joe Reefer

Helfriechis are awsome would have love to get a couple of those. Unfourtunatley had to go with the standard firefish, as I am always on a budget, but maybe one day. Congrats on TOTM your rig is truely deserving of that honor

You have some amazing photos in this thread, especially that clown-in-clam! That's my fav. :)

i'll go in on one with you - I've gotta make one for my top tank.

for real!!

Wait! Whaddya mean go in on it? I need one too, but I'm DIY challenged. How bout you guys construct and I'll serve the beer?

lol,talk to dhaut,anne!

Helfriechis are awsome would have love to get a couple of those. Unfourtunatley had to go with the standard firefish, as I am always on a budget, but maybe one day. Congrats on TOTM your rig is truely deserving of that honor

thank you,curly joe reefer!

The pics of the helfrich's are amazing :) Psychadelic!

hey daniel,pm on your way soon!

*gasp* beautiful helfrich's! :wub:

yup,beautiful fish..been wanting to have one in my tank.and now

i have 2.

getting better every day... :)

btw, the chalice is doing well... :D

that's good,marv!how's the color?

btw guys,i got my tail spot blenny this sunday!i might go back to UNIQUECORALS as they're having

a %25 off columbus day sale.i'm eyeing some chalice colonies!

what dimensions of materials do you need? What's your tank top size and all that? You too Anne.

dhaut,i'll let you know later once i'm home. :)

what dimensions of materials do you need? What's your tank top size and all that? You too Anne.

Hey, D. Fancy meeting you here. :P My tank is a reg 45g; 36" x 12" Not sure how this works with the overflow, return pump, hob, etc.

Hi M'akoy! :D

Tank looks amazing as always!

I just wandered in here...

thanks,jacodnano!and you're always welcome to wander around.

Haha thanks! Yea I wander in here, first I am in aww, then I leave jealous haha. You should hook me up with some of your "brown" coral down the road haha

btw guys,i got my tail spot blenny this sunday!i might go back to UNIQUECORALS as they're having

a %25 off columbus day sale.i'm eyeing some chalice colonies!

:haha:

• 2 weeks later...
champion YANKEES,baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!27th...

WOOO HOOO YANKEES !!!!!!!!!!!

+3!! Yay Yankees!!

WHERE"S DA PICHERS?!!!?!?!?!?!

Did you mean Andy Pettitte or C.C. Sabathia or Mariano Rivera??? :lol:

Archived