inTank Media Baskets

R.I.P. - Bluesky's Red Sea Max Experience -

bluesky

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just started reading your thread today. Very sorry to read about this - probably everyone's worst nightmare. I hope you get back into the hobby when you're ready.

Just another thought on a possible cause although maybe not very likely - I have heard of rocks falling over due to fish burrowing, or just slipping over time causing a rock slide. Possibly a rock fell into the glass causing a crack?

The rocks are all in its proper formation. They are far from the crack ...

So sorry to hear about your loss!

As far as how a tank like that can crack after a year and 8 months:

- there was stress in the glass and it finally released....not highly likely in this situation

- the only new thing was the addition of your Tunze skimmer....did you allow the magnets to come together too hard?

this may have stressed the glass and it released when you were not home....where exactly did it crack? These magnets are very strong and hard to control... I am very careful when I use the Tunze cleaner magnets on our glass tank.

Take a deep breath and go on with life....we only have a short time here.

Regards,

nanoskim

I think it is because of this reason -> "

- there was stress in the glass and it finally released....not highly likely in this situation"

I doubt the Tunze magnet caused it because it in the back compartment. my crack is at the front right corner curve from top to bottom.

TheKingInYellow

Every time I have ever heard of a nano cracking, it's in the radiused glass corners. I'm just not sold on the strength of that tank design. This is not just an RSM issue either.

Every time I have ever heard of a nano cracking, it's in the radiused glass corners. I'm just not sold on the strength of that tank design. This is not just an RSM issue either.

I would love to share a picture of my cracked RSM ...

post-28763-1233539955_thumb.jpg

bonsai reefer

Sorry to hear about your loss . We have had a rsm set up in the store for over a year and a half with no issued .Contact them and let them know what happened .They have awesome customer support and will probibly give you a new 130 D.

• 3 months later...
Sorry to hear about your loss . We have had a rsm set up in the store for over a year and a half with no issued .Contact them and let them know what happened .They have awesome customer support and will probibly give you a new 130 D.

I did contact my best friend pinky ... she play by the books ... it is after one year ... no deal ... but even if I get a new RSM ... I am scared to use it again ...

Anyways, thank you all for your support and encouragement ... I am planning to start new tank in a few months ... it will be acrylic this time ... no more glass tanks for me =) will keep you guys posted ...

I still need to save up for this new "not so nano" reef tank =)

Archived