Coral Vue Hydros

Thinkin about T.Maxima clam

qbical

So now i have the right lighting i am seriously considering a Maxima clam. Can anyone give me some input on this addition please?

i mean otther then needing the usual good water parameters and very good lighting, it seems they dont need much more then that.

bubbles3660
So now i have the right lighting i am seriously considering a Maxima clam. Can anyone give me some input on this addition please?

i mean otther then needing the usual good water parameters and very good lighting, it seems they dont need much more then that.

What lighting do you have? What sort of fish do you have?

--bubbles

i am looking for a blue teardrop maxima :( . i'm never gonna find one.

oh... back to you. umm put em on your rockwork, high lighting, low-med flow, and good trace elements.

lol abe, i just got one of those actually...................................................................haha jk

i dont have any fish in my tank yet and i just got a 70w MH sunpod

lol abe, i just got one of those actually...................................................................haha jk

i dont have any fish in my tank yet and i just got a 70w MH sunpod

... not funny... just do top placement for the clam. maxima like rocks more than sand.

as long as your ca/alk values are good and you have powerful lighting, you should be fine. I have a t. maxima and t. deresa in my nano and theyre both doing great. i had a t. crocea as well, but i had to get rid of it for space reasons.

i personally didnt think my 70w MH was adequate for the clams, as they were still reaching for light (especially the crocea) a bit. i upgraded my lighting to a 150w MH and everything's good now.

try and place the maxima towards the upper-middle of your tank so it takes as much advantage of that 70w as it possibly can.

okay great thanks. idk my tank is only 14g and that SOB is glowing like a mofo now so i would think the light should b adiquit

my new prob is the leds being outside my tank on the sides. they just basically light up my dressor not my tank. trying to figure out some sort of deflector.

• 2 months later...
Reef Goddess

How long has the tank been setup?

Since its a small tank, its important that your tank is stable with good water quality and has cycled for quite awhile. Clams are not fond of big ph swings and large temperature differences during the night/day.

Maxis are some of the hardest clams for most people to keep especially if they are 2.5" and under. If you get a baby one you will need to feed it phytoplankton so I hope you have good filtration, etc.

Croceas are easier and can handle tank changes a little better. But both need to be placed on your rockwork.

I talk with so many customers that think clams are really hard to keep because their's died usually because their tank parameters were off, they have nippy fish, or their lighting, etc was not strong enough. So be sure and do your research before purchasing one so you don't end up disenchanted with clams.

In a good system, clams are much easier to keep than corals.

How long has the tank been setup?

Since its a small tank, its important that your tank is stable with good water quality and has cycled for quite awhile. Clams are not fond of big ph swings and large temperature differences during the night/day.

Maxis are some of the hardest clams for most people to keep especially if they are 2.5" and under. If you get a baby one you will need to feed it phytoplankton so I hope you have good filtration, etc.

Croceas are easier and can handle tank changes a little better. But both need to be placed on your rockwork.

I talk with so many customers that think clams are really hard to keep because their's died usually because their tank parameters were off, they have nippy fish, or their lighting, etc was not strong enough. So be sure and do your research before purchasing one so you don't end up disenchanted with clams.

In a good system, clams are much easier to keep than corals.

this thread is three months old :) ... so its safe to say his tank is at least 3 months old. :lol: :lol: :lol: and just to add to your statement... calcium!

Reef Goddess

Ah ha! This is a slow forum. ;p Well I just tend to assume if you're growing corals then you should already be doing 2 part

dosing if you love your corals.

Archived