Top Shelf Aquatics

The M9 Project

el fabuloso

el fabuloso

All Good Things Come To An End

This tank has finally come to an end though in a weird way it seems to have moved on rather than coming to an end completely. As mentioned before, my friend got a 34g Red Sea Max at MAX at a great discount ($500 for the complete setup) and the plan was to transfer everything out of the M9 over to the RSM.

To make things more complicated, my friend suddenly decided to take a career change by moving to Seattle and taking the tank wasn't an option so I've kind of inherited a RSM in my hands. The M9 however will continue to live on as a frag tank as soon as I find the right spot for it. In the meantime, here are the last pics of the M9 in its entirety back in April before everything was transferred over to the RSM.

CIMG8897.jpg

CIMG9251.jpg

CIMG8899.jpg

CIMG8905.jpg

CIMG9224.jpg

CIMG9246.jpg

CIMG9228.jpg

CIMG8947.jpg

And here's the RSM on the left cycling at the time.

CIMG9221.jpg

The transfer to the RSM has been stressful to say the least, especially in the midst of my friend moving out of town. We had a very short cycle (by choice) and transferred everything in the M9 over to the RSM and then a month later moved the entire tank over to my house. Then I helped my friend move all the way to Seattle so I haven't really had the time to sit and get the tank put together the way I want it to look. The corals are a bit bleached from all the stress but are otherwise doing okay and are starting to color back up again. I'll be sure to start a tank thread for the RSM once I get some much needed rest and I get back into the grind of things.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Archived