Pod Your Reef

Which salt mix?

dwissler

I used to use IO, and then changed to corallife bc of the free tshirt inside when you buy it in the bucketful. I'm up to 3 tshirts later, and my tank's doing great :D

duno about the Ca or alk, though, bc I haven't tested in forever ...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go to the city after the snow season is over and collect as much left over road salt as I can. That stuff works wonders, my tank has exploded, literally

I go to the city after the snow season is over and collect as much left over road salt as I can. That stuff works wonders, my tank has exploded, literally

ROFL...

What a joke..

• 4 weeks later...

After reading that RC a while back I picked up a bag of CoraLife, so far so good. I also started the tank with NSW (Catalina/Petco) and am very pleased thus far.

Adamskit, sorry to change the subject but what kind of fish is that in your avatar?

BTW I use reef crystals but I think that I am probably going to switch to reefer's best with my next purchase.

I use Tropic Marin. As for the test in the link, you need to find out how it was tested. It is too hard to be accurate without elaborate testing equipment to get exact amounts for equal comparisons.

Something like this:

http://www.aquariumwatertesting.com/

Click on anaylsis on the left.

Ahh thanks! I have been looking for that link ever since I read it a long while back. I knew there was another reason I chose CoraLife and it wasn't just from the RC tests...

I am pleased with the results, as CoraLife seems to have low amounts of bad stuff and higher amounts of good stuff imo.

Something like this:

http://www.aquariumwatertesting.com/

Click on anaylsis on the left.

Much better! Thank you.

I understand what the guy on RC was trying to do and I greatly appreciate it. But I wouldn't go switching brands on his tests alone. Might help you narrow down your research to a couple companies though.

Adamskit, sorry to change the subject but what kind of fish is that in your avatar?

BTW I use reef crystals but I think that I am probably going to switch to reefer's best with my next purchase.

It's a Scott's Fairy Wrasse that sadly I only had for about 3 months before he contracted some crypto desease :-(. It was one of my favorites.

Nope. Just wanted to see if you could back up your claims instead of just spreading rumors like a lot of people do.

I totally understand. there is TONS of BS on this site.

Ahh thanks! I have been looking for that link ever since I read it a long while back. I knew there was another reason I chose CoraLife and it wasn't just from the RC tests...

I am pleased with the results, as CoraLife seems to have low amounts of bad stuff and higher amounts of good stuff imo.

I have also been looking for that test ever since I found it by accident before. That is why I switched to Coralife. I started with Nutri-Seawater and quickly realized it was going to be very expensive to go down that road.

Archived