Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Junkitu's Monti House Tank Thread

junkitu

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paleoreef103
this tank wins.

I agree. Your tank is full of win. I would like to start a petition to rename your tank "Junkitu's tank-full of win (... and monties).

I agree. Your tank is full of win. I would like to start a petition to rename your tank "Junkitu's tank-full of win (... and monties).

:D I like it!

Nice tank. How does the Blotched Anthias do in the 70g. I've read they get pretty large and need up to a 150g when adults. I was thinking about getting one a while back at my lfs but I only have a 90g right now.

squirrelieygrrrl

simply lovely.

you always do such beautiful work. another winner for sure.

Thanks!

Nice tank. How does the Blotched Anthias do in the 70g. I've read they get pretty large and need up to a 150g when adults. I was thinking about getting one a while back at my lfs but I only have a 90g right now.

The borbo is doing great. He eats pellets and frozen food. I wouldn't say he's a fast grower. I've had him for several months and he hasn't grown noticeably.

• 1 month later...

The tank is growing in nicely. Gotta love those monti's. O, and the Borb, I want one really bad, can't seem to find a juvenile small one to fit in as my last fish. Its either that, or the Ventralis Anthias . Well done on the tank though, really clean and obviously well thought out.

• 2 weeks later...
How's the tank doing? Any updates?

Some of my SPS haven't been holding the color that I would expect. Been struggling keeping my calcium up so I moved one of my clams to my nano and added an AquaMedic doser recently. Ca is rock solid now at 440 and Alk at 14.

Here are some pics:

Electric blue maxima with my ORA bangaii.

MontiHouseJune2009045.jpg

Purple maxima chilling on my rockwork.

MontiHouseJune2009043.jpg

Rainbow palys growing next to my yellow scroll coral.

MontiHouseJune2009041.jpg

Red hot chili pepper monti frag from NCRC member fshkllrz.

MontiHouseJune2009040.jpg

Purple polyped acro. There's a tiny acro crab hitchiker hiding in the lower left.

MontiHouseJune2009039.jpg

Green bali slimer polyp closeup shot.

MontiHouseJune2009038.jpg

Sunset monti "puddling out".

MontiHouseJune2009034.jpg

Pink and blue yuma. It hasn't split yet but I sure hope it does someday.

MontiHouseJune2009018.jpg

Orange crush echinata from NCRC member Roc.

MontiHouseJune2009013.jpg

True undata DBTC frag from NCRC member fshkllrz.

MontiHouseJune2009012.jpg

Cove sandbed.

MontiHouseJune2009008.jpg

FTS

MontiHouseJune2009004.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Looking good. I'm a huge monti fan and you've made a nice showcase of them. The puddle picture is sweet. So why did you only go with 1 Borb? Just curious there. Most people want a group of anthias in the hopes of a shoaling effect. In a smaller tank like this that wouldn't happen but I'm just curious why only one.

Bill

Looking good. I'm a huge monti fan and you've made a nice showcase of them. The puddle picture is sweet. So why did you only go with 1 Borb? Just curious there. Most people want a group of anthias in the hopes of a shoaling effect. In a smaller tank like this that wouldn't happen but I'm just curious why only one.

Bill

Thanks Bill. As for the borbo, I'd love a shoal of them but they're expensive and they tend to perch like hawkfish unlike other anthias.

Yeah, they're fairly cost prohibitive. I actually wasn't aware of the perching, that's interesting. They do look they get to be good size though so that's a plus. Anthias always look so small in pictures but then again it's usually a group in some huge reef pond. I like the idea of just keeping the one to showcase a bit.

Bill

Stunning clams. I wish I had an acro crab.

The crab is pretty cool. Anytime anyone comes near his acro he starts waving his claws. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived