inTank Media Baskets

Junkitu's Monti House Tank Thread

junkitu

Thanks everyone!

Also if you don't mind me asking.....how much did that litte dude set you back? I've seen them go from $80-$300 online and at LFSs.

I've seen them from $120-$200 in this area.

More great shots Marvin!

Thanks but actually my name's "Tony". :huh:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got tired of looking at the algae growth on the back wall so I decided to scrape it so you can see the black background. It really helped make the colors in my tank pop so I decided to take a few more pics. Let me know what you think.

FTS

IM000005.jpg

Cove with new coco worm

IM000013.jpg

Purple polyped monti cap frag

IM000031.jpg

Blue polyped monti cap

IM000045.jpg

Clam bed

IM000036-1.jpg

Looks better, seems to be alot of blotched anthias coming in, LFS got another pair, bigger one is $250, baby one is in the small display until he gets to big, then goes into owner's personal tank.

Looks better, seems to be alot of blotched anthias coming in, LFS got another pair, bigger one is $250, baby one is in the small display until he gets to big, then goes into owner's personal tank.

Thanks Nick. Yeah, the Borbonius must be "in season". The one I picked up is a large one (2-2.5") but I only paid half that price here in CA.

• 2 weeks later...
As always, I love looking at your thread!

I also got a swallowtail, I think even from the same store in San Mateo :)

I've had a hard time getting mine to eat. Tries everying and then spits it out. Have only had it for about 1 week though. What do you feed yours / did you have a hard time getting it to eat?

The swallowtail is an awesome fish. Did you pick yours up at Ultimate Aquarium and was it eating there?

Mine eats everything that I feed the tank: frozen brine shrimp, pellets, flake, and cyclopeez. What are you feeding yours?

Beautiful tank!

How did you end up attaching the four point hanging light to the Zeroedge lamp tree? Did I miss a photo showing how that worked? I need to do the same thing myself.

Needreefunds
Thanks but actually my name's "Tony". :huh:

:o:rolleyes:

Sorry Tony.....that is what happens when I surf too many awesome tank threads at the same time......

Hopefully being compared to Marvin is not a bad thing. ;)

He called you Marvin hahahaha

meh, read your avitar.........Dave.

Sorry nat, I must just realized that I never replied to your post. I used the hanging kit that came with my Outer Orbit fixture and just attached it to the zeroedge stand.

• 3 weeks later...

This tank turns a year old in a couple weeks. Man that went fast. Here are a couple new pics:

Here are my clowns staring each other down from their adopted homes.

IM000096.jpg

A wider shot of the cove and its inhabitants

IM000105.jpg

FTS. I still don't have a Ca reactor but the SPS are showing nice growth and color.

CroppedJanuary2009FTS.jpg

Thanks everyone. Now that it's been running for a year the tank and my maintenance routine have settled in nicely. I chose a 55g tank so I could use the same maintenance regimen that I use on my 24g: weekly 20% water changes and dosing b-ionic.

Thanks everyone. Now that it's been running for a year the tank and my maintenance routine have settled in nicely. I chose a 55g tank so I could use the same maintenance regimen that I use on my 24g: weekly 20% water changes and dosing b-ionic.

I understand the concern keeping with whats comfortable....I'm building a 135, and currently dose with b-ionic and do weekly water changes on my 25.....I don't know yet if I'll be able to continue to dose with b-ionic financially in a larger set-up.

I love you tanks though, simply awesome!

EDIT: What fish is that in your signature pciture???

Thanks again!

What fish is that in your signature pciture???

It's called a Blotchy Anthias or Borbonius. They're deeper water anthias that live in caves and overhangs. Mine lives under the orange digi colony in my sig. He comes out often to swim around and then retreats back to his cave. The fish has amazing colors and is very fun to watch. Unfortunately, they aren't always available and they aren't cheap. I've seen people say they cost anywhere from $80-$250.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi Junkitu:

How about an update? Do you still have the Sunburst Anthia. I just bought one today and was hoping you could share a little about how you keep yours.

I was at Ultimate Aquarium last week. They had an awesome selection of fish.

Thanks.

Not much new. I do still have my sunburst. He was my first fish in this tank. In fact I now have 3 anthias: a sunburst, a geo hawk, and a borbonious. All three are doing fine even though I only feed the tank 4x a week.

Here are some recent pics:

April2009009.jpg

April2009026.jpg

April2009025.jpg

April2009024.jpg

April2009021.jpg

April2009012.jpg

April2009034.jpg

April2009014.jpg

April2009006.jpg

WOW your tank is very impressive!!! I like your rock work.... Reminds me of mine.

Thanks! Glad you like it. I just checked out your recent FTS. My Aquapod24 scape is very similar to yours as well. Check out the link in my sig below.

BTW, I have some relatives named Ando. Is that your last name?

Archived