Innovative Marine Aquariums

Junkitu's Monti House Tank Thread

junkitu

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man a solaria. We Just set one up at the store, they are awsome! Though we still havn't goten the skimmer working right.

-pinner

This is gonna be GREAT!! I just know it.

I can't wait to see what you do with a 70g.

Rock on Junkitu!!

It's only 55 gals. but still that ain't no nano!

I picked up my new tank today... :D

What fish/corals/inverts do you have planned? And please give a breakdown on the equipment you are planning on using (i.e. canister filter, calcium reactor, sump/refugium, skimmer, etc.).

It's only 55 gals. but still that ain't no nano!

Doh! :slap:

Just checked out the web sight. Wow! That tanks sexy all by itself! :naughtydance:

Is it 70 g with the sump?? :lol:

Thanks for the support. I'm pretty psyched to get this bad boy started but it'll have to wait a week because of family obligations. Patience is the key, I guess. <_<

Are you doing this instead of the 24" cube?

Yup. The dimensions of this tank are roughly 30"x22"x19". Close enough to the custom cube that I was pricing with much better quality.

What fish/corals/inverts do you have planned? And please give a breakdown on the equipment you are planning on using (i.e. canister filter, calcium reactor, sump/refugium, skimmer, etc.).

Livestock

Still TBD.

Fish:

I'm planning to keep around 8 or less fish including a mystery wrasse, possibly some sort of small angel (genicanthus maybe), and possibly a small school of green chromis (5) or a pair of tank-bred true percs.

Clams:

I plan to create a clam shelf in my aquascape to keep a couple ultra maximas and/or crocea.

Coral:

Several types of montiporas.

A few other choice SPS including my existing neon birdsnest, green bali slimer, and Garf purple bonzai colonies.

A select few types of super colorful zoas and palys, including tubs blues, blue agave, purple dreams, coco pinks, and rainbow palys.

Possibly a few LPS like my duncans, a colony of kryptonite candcanes from a friends tank, and a psychadelic scoly or open brain on the sandbed.

Equipment

Here is the spec of the standard system with pics from thier site:

Glass tank: 75x57x50h cm (29,52 x 22,44 x 19,7 h inch.), capacity 210 lt. (55 gal)

Cabinet: 75x57x80h cm (29,52 x 22,44 x 31,5 h inch.)

Glass filter: SUMP 400 Marine including Mechanical Filter, filter bags, biological chamber with regulating tap, spare water chamber.

TSUMP1000.jpg

Skimmer: NS 500 including EHEIM 1250 pump

tns500.jpg

Level controller: Osmocontroller II including pump

tosmob.jpg

Pipings: overflow corrugated tube including connections, silicon tube and exit pipings

Top -up pump: EHEIM 1250

The system is imported in Italy and all the glass used in the tank and sump is the European equivalent of "starphire" here in the US.

In addition I'm adding the following equipment:

2 Jager 150W heaters

1 Echotech Marine Vortech w/ wireless wave driver and battery backup

1 Current USA 24 inch Outer Orbit 1x250w 10K HQI-MH w/ 4x24W T5 HO & 12 Lunar Lights

1 ZeroEdge SLB24 light stand

1 Premium Aquatics Lighthouse controller w/ pH and ORP probes

wait, so theres no monti's yet?!

I already have frags or small colonies of reverse pokerstar, sunset, original superman, forest fire digi, and barney purple digi that are waiting to move into the Elos.

Can't wait to watch this...

I'll go ahead and take all the stuff in that "other" tank you have bro... ;)

Sorry David :D . I plan to move some of my stuff from the old tank over to the new one. The rest get some much needed room to grow in my AP 24.

Here are some more pics:

Elos showroom in Pleasanton CA where I picked up my tank.

DSC_1133.jpg

Jesse runs the operation. A great guy and really helpful. He's been in the industry a while and knows his stuff.

DSC_1136.jpg

Tank with a bunch of goodies. It made it home safe and sound.

DSC_1164.jpg

DSC_1157.jpg

DSC_1159.jpg

Killer sump setup that comes standard with these systems.

DSC_1154.jpg

Water test next week and then the journey begins again. Stay tuned.

DSC_1155.jpg

Archived