Cultivated Reef

An yone seen these?

The Propagator

I don't think they’re being "shady". They're just selling cheap stuff on the net. Their feedback on ebay, although only 196, is 100%, which is rare these days. My order came in 4-days double boxed and packed in bubble wrap. I've experienced worse from so-called reputable sellers

I guess so. But I think I'm going with a coralife 130w for $75 shipped. I'll wait to hear from you in a few months and I may buy one. I think prop is getting one too.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess so. But I think I'm going with a coralife 130w for $75 shipped. I'll wait to hear from you in a few months and I may buy one. I think prop is getting one too.

So what's wrong with the 130w you have now? This sounds like a great price. Where from?

So what's wrong with the 130w you have now? This sounds like a great price. Where from?

I'm looking at buying a 130w. I only have a 65w now. Its a used fixture that I'm looking at not new.

I'm looking at buying a 130w. I only have a 65w now. Its a used fixture that I'm looking at not new.

I misunderstood, thought you already had a 130w. It depends on age of the bulbs if that's a deal or not. I replaced my 65w coralife PC. 65w to 196w was like moonlght to sunlight. All I have is a torch, zoas, leather and shrooms in a 29g standard glass tank.

I misunderstood, thought you already had a 130w. It depends on age of the bulbs if that's a deal or not. I replaced my 65w coralife PC. 65w to 196w was like moonlght to sunlight. All I have is a torch, zoas, leather and shrooms in a 29g standard glass tank.

Thats basically what I have. My stuff looks ok but not like it could.

BTW, unless you have identical phosphors, brighter does not mean more light.

Your eye sight is not very linear. 100 watts of blue or red light would look really dim compared to 100 watts of green light.

http://www.fishneedit.com/t5ho-3ft--4lamp-...rium-light.html

Guy sells them on Ebay for the same price plus $5.99 shipping. Bulbs included too.

I am thinking about buying a couple.

Has any one else bought form them before or heard about them?

TY !

D

I'm ordering a 24" t5 to try out I will write a review on it when i get it.

Worst case it will make a great hood for a LED project down the road. $44 shipped

I just bought the 4 lamp 24" fixture. Can't wait to get it in. I plan on just keeping softies and zoas anyone know if i could keep zoas with that fixture

I just bought the 4 lamp 24" fixture. Can't wait to get it in. I plan on just keeping softies and zoas anyone know if i could keep zoas with that fixture

Should work great for that.

I actually spoke with the guy from Fishneedit, his name is Simon. I bought 2 of the 24" T5 fixtures from him but decided to go retrofit since my tank is only 10" deep on the sides (26 bowfront).

He was really nice, he actually refunded my payment & called me on my cell to let me know when he did it. He told me he went to China & is working with the vendor to make units with multiple switches, power cords & fans.

The quality of the bulbs & reflector is probably lower & I guess you don't need waterproof endcaps since it has a splash lens but that's pretty cheap for T5 all-inclusive.

Right now my tank looks awesome with the Coralife 130W PC fixture but I'm retrofitting T5s so I can keep some SPS.

I have two of these for my arowana tank, not my reef tank though. i did use it once on my reef tank though, because my MH bulb kind of exploded. the corals did not mind that change, but the fixture runs a little hot.

Got my 4 lamp 24" fixture in looks good. Kind of what you expect for the money. The reflector is a shiny piece of plastic. But it works great and is pretty bright. Legs on it worked great.

Got my 4 lamp 24" fixture in looks good. Kind of what you expect for the money. The reflector is a shiny piece of plastic. But it works great and is pretty bright. Legs on it worked great.

Is there room to upgrade the reflectors?

I'm not sure there is a little more than half an inch of space between each bulb.

What lighting are you replacing and how does it compare to that? I looked really hard at one of these fixtures but the lack of a quality reflector kept me from buying. Maybe you can change my mind.

What lighting are you replacing and how does it compare to that? I looked really hard at one of these fixtures but the lack of a quality reflector kept me from buying. Maybe you can change my mind.

well, thats funny I was replacing some really cheap 24" 6500k 15 watt fluorescent fixture no real comparison. I bought this new fixture because I plan on keeping soft corals and I'm a noob. It was only $77 though with shipping.

well, thats funny I was replacing some really cheap 24" 6500k 15 watt fluorescent fixture no real comparison. I bought this new fixture because I plan on keeping soft corals and I'm a noob. It was only $77 though with shipping.

Well then you may see a slight difference. :lol:

Should be more than enough to keep softies. What tank size do you have?

Well then you may see a slight difference. :lol:

Should be more than enough to keep softies. What tank size do you have?

Yeah, I have a 28 gallon bowfront. I also may put in a birdsnest in there. Also anyone know how to upload pictures to this site?

Archived