ReefCleaners.org

Smurf's 10

Smurf

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She's pretty, and you two make a cute couple. :)

Haha, thanks. When we both wear our glasses people mistake us for Brother and Sister. :lol:

You need more light. Either it is your light or the pictures but they are very dark.

Oh yeah, Lol I was just skimming. Here you go red neck. =]

Tank looks good man, the Sunpod is a nice upgrade

Thanks bro, sunpod is doing great but my water clarity is going down down. I'll see and try to fix what the problem is.

The light looks great Smurf really shows the tank off.

I'd hope so. Lol, I think I want to switch over to a 20g Long

Mischeif Nite

Taggin' right along to see how you like the 150w sunpod. I'm dying to get my hands on one for my 10g and can't decide between the 70w or 150w. Best of luck with water quality issues!

As of now I'm loving the sunpod. However I have a large bacteria bloom which is causing my water clarity to look a cloudy white. As soon as this phase is over I am sure, actually very sure I will love this light fixture. Futhur review will be given later. Nice to have you guys around!

Invest in a background. I just put a black one on mine and it did more for the inside then I thought it would. Nothing to catch your eyes except what's in the aquarium.

What are you using to fix the water issue?

Invest in a background. I just put a black one on mine and it did more for the inside then I thought it would. Nothing to catch your eyes except what's in the aquarium.

What are you using to fix the water issue?

I don't really want a backround. Idk why lol. But I am going to do water changes for about a week and ride things out.

So its about day 3 with the new lighting. My bacteria break out is creeping along. Don't see signs of slowing down, but I am doing 10% w/c's everyday. I'll update if I see any changes.

Great news! The bacteria bloom has now subsided. Left my snail shells and hermits kinda white but I'm sure that it will turn over as well. My shrimp looked nasty discolored after 2 days but eventually molted yesterday. The bacteria bloom overall lasted 3 days ( The very first day the bacteria did not bloom to full cloudy white).

I am glad you posted all this about the algae smurf. I posted a couple questions in the MH thread in the Lighting section and it would be greatly appreciated if you could chime in with your experience.

I am pretty pumped to get this hung and moving.

oh yeah...when you say screen, do you mean window screen from lowes? anything with fine mesh?

I am glad you posted all this about the algae smurf. I posted a couple questions in the MH thread in the Lighting section and it would be greatly appreciated if you could chime in with your experience.

oh yeah...when you say screen, do you mean window screen from lowes? anything with fine mesh?

You can also just run the MH for a little bit each day, if you're able to be around your tank through out the day. It took me about a week to acclimated the corals to the new light.

Lovely vid! And the nice thing is, the rics don't seem to be bothered at all!

--Diane

Thanks Diane. With the hosting, I was actually scared at first. But everyday, the rics open up for them. They sleep closed up or half expanded sometimes, and my clowns sleep behind my rock. I love coming home after school and catching them napping the day off. :D

Loved the vid! :happy:

What's the evaporation like?

Thanks! I have pretty low evap, maybe a quarter of an inch a day but never more. I have an open top, and my temps stay between 77-79 all day.

I myself am pretty pumped! I wanna see it on already!!! :P I am on my 3rd layer, its vinyl screening for doors and stuff, I got it from my backyard from my old screen door. But I heard you may also use white bridal mesh from a fabric store.

You can also just run the MH for a little bit each day, if you're able to be around your tank through out the day. It took me about a week to acclimated the corals to the new light.

I see, well they are still on the same lighting schedule but I may shorten once I get to 2 layers.

Archived