Pod Your Reef

BibleSue's 10g Kitchen Oasis

Weetabix7

Some close ups

DSCF6705.jpg

Aqua Palys, invading Xenia & some clove polyps

DSCF6703.jpg

What's left of my French Silk Pie/Grape Parfait Rock. Something kept breaking off polyps & one day a chunk of the rock was laying in on the sand. (Lower right)

DSCF6708.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow I have never seen this thread lol

Very nice 10g Sue! Those pink zoas are awesome...lemme know when ya frag :P

Thanks! I really enjoy it. If you mean the zoas in the middle, they are Armageddons and are red/orange in real life. I do frag them on occasion.

How on earth did I miss this thread?

That is a swweeeeeeeetttt Red Goni!!! I saw one at the LFS the other day and was awestruck. Of course, I was also "broke-struck" and wasn't about to pay $80 for it. Well. Maybe later.

Thanks for the compliments! I really enjoy this tank. I just need to restock were things have gone by the wayside over time.

How on earth did I miss this thread?

That is a swweeeeeeeetttt Red Goni!!! I saw one at the LFS the other day and was awestruck. Of course, I was also "broke-struck" and wasn't about to pay $80 for it. Well. Maybe later.

I hear you about the Goni. I am soooooooooooooooooo glad Caesar777 talked me into it when she was tearing down her tank. It is my favorite as well as every one that sees the tank!

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd update the pictures here since I will be breaking this tank down & upgrading after 2 1/2 years. It needs it. The Candy Canes got so heavy they broke off where they were mounted & are leaning in the corner till I upgrade. I added a six line to get rid of the flat worms & the goni is happier than it has been in a long time.

IMG_1085-1.jpg

other side

IMG_1088.jpg

• 1 month later...

Very nice tank. I have 3 in my kitchen, that's where I spend most of my time, works out perfect. You seem like someone I'd be friends with. Great photos of a very happy family.

Thanks for sharing :)

Very nice tank. I have 3 in my kitchen, that's where I spend most of my time, works out perfect. You seem like someone I'd be friends with. Great photos of a very happy family.

That's my kiddo's in those pics, so thanks!

BibleSue is my MIL.

I'm like you, I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and tend to put my tanks there as a result.

She's actually breaking this tank down soon and merging it into her new 30g system with a sump.

She just started moving corals over today.

This is harder to do than I thought. This tank has given me so much pleasure but it is aged & needs help. Thankfully, I can see the new tank thru the pass through from the counter this is on into the family room.

Thanks! I love gathering friends! Welcome!!! :D God has blessed me with a wonderful family. 5 kids, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law & come the end of June or early July I get to meet my 7th grandchild! I live near enough to the grandkids to see them often. I'm glad some of my NR buds enjoy my constant pictures of them all. :lol:

i cant wait to see that 30g ;)

Thanks! I am trying not to rush too much. I had a mini-cycle. I don't want to break the kitchen tank down till I am sure the goni will be OK in the new tank.

Here are some shots of the tank. Not much left to move over to the Rattatouli tank before I move the rocks over. The Goni is my biggest concern.

post-25782-1240426869_thumb.jpg post-25782-1240426998_thumb.jpg

airman_verde04
Here are some shots of the tank. Not much left to move over to the Rattatouli tank before I move the rocks over. The Goni is my biggest concern.

post-25782-1240426869_thumb.jpg post-25782-1240426998_thumb.jpg

so cool!! I love how you can see from both sides! thanks for uploading those pictures.. that was really nice! great looking tank!

Good luck with the rest of the transfer. :)

Thanks! I moved some more today.

so cool!! I love how you can see from both sides! thanks for uploading those pictures.. that was really nice! great looking tank!

Oh, good! You can see them. I uploaded the pictures of my new tank the same way & sent you a link. Hope you are doing well over there. You are in my prayers.

Archived