Pod Your Reef

BibleSue's 10g Kitchen Oasis

Weetabix7

For sure! Some stuff has been pretty expensive, but it's worth it sometimes to get the good stuff. That Goni was really expensive! But it didn't matter....SO worth it to me.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For sure! Some stuff has been pretty expensive, but it's worth it sometimes to get the good stuff. That Goni was really expensive! But it didn't matter....SO worth it to me.

I agree! I had a guy at the LFS tell me that they don't do well or live long in a tank & that you have to get special stuff to feed them. If he could see our Goni he would be amazed!

For sure! Nobody ever believes me, but it's true. Now, the green half-dome ones are certainly pretty finicky, but not the reds. Not at all! I didn't even directly feed mine, and he did great, even had real skeletal growth. And clearly he's doing well in your tank!

I agree! I had a guy at the LFS tell me that they don't do well or live long in a tank & that you have to get special stuff to feed them. If he could see our Goni he would be amazed!

Hi Bible Sue,

This thread has given me hope about my new red goni purchase. I have been very concerned about having it, with all the bad press that it gets. It is beautiful and looks mighty healthy. I just need to keep it that way. I would appreciate and care instructions that you may have, because what ever you are doing it looks right!! Thak you in advance.

DW

Hi Bible Sue,

This thread has given me hope about my new red goni purchase. I have been very concerned about having it, with all the bad press that it gets. It is beautiful and looks mighty healthy. I just need to keep it that way. I would appreciate and care instructions that you may have, because what ever you are doing it looks right!! Thak you in advance.

DW

I just spend a lot of time gazing at it every day! :lol: That's my Goni magic!

Weekly 10% water changes & some Reef Plus 1-2 times a week for my zoos. That's about it. I do vacuum the sand just about every water change to keep the tank as clean as I can.

Finally! The promised pictures.

FTS: A bit blurry. I just can't get the xenia to hold still!

DSCF3640.jpg

Family Room Left side

DSCF3642.jpg

Family Room Center

DSCF3646.jpg

Family Room Right Side

DSCF3644.jpg

Watch for future pictures of the Kitchen side. I have to get my brain from Weetie first. :P

BWOOP*BWOOP*BWOOP***HIJACK ALERT,HIJACK ALERT*** BWOOP*BWOOP*BWOOP

Tonight's fun contest is:

Whoever posts the 100th post on this thread wins cookies of their choice shipped to them Priority.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1451169

FYI, the cookies will probably be bought, not homemade. If you insist on homemade, I get to pick what kind.

The posts have to be REAL posts that are actually relevant to the thread and not just you getting on to spout off about your favorite movie, etc.

And in order to count, the 100th post must also have the word "spiffy" in it somewhere. :D

Once you make the post, post on one of my tank threads in the sig below or PM me to claim your winnings.

Have fun!

Hey, you! I know you! You'll call me to come watch the kids while you & hubby go to the movies. "Oh, by the way, would you mind making cookies with the boys? I have to send out the prizes for the 100th post on my thread." :lol:

Hey, you! I know you! You'll call me to come watch the kids while you & hubby go to the movies. "Oh, by the way, would you mind making cookies with the boys? I have to send out the prizes for the 100th post on my thread." :lol:

Not MY thread you wing-nut, it's that thread about THE AWESOMENESS OF THE NEVER-FINISHED 55 that I linked above.

I hope you're paying better attention when you're baking those cookies! :lol:

I just spend a lot of time gazing at it every day! :lol: That's my Goni magic!

Weekly 10% water changes & some Reef Plus 1-2 times a week for my zoos. That's about it. I do vacuum the sand just about every water change to keep the tank as clean as I can.

Well that is not a problem, mine should do just fine then. I have the gazing part down pat :D Just have to pick up some Reef Plus. Thanks for the advice. Have a great day!!

DW

Well that is not a problem, mine should do just fine then. I have the gazing part down pat :D Just have to pick up some Reef Plus. Thanks for the advice. Have a great day!!

DW

Reef Plus is for the zoos. I'm not sure that it helps the Goni. It sure isn't hurting it. :lol:

Anyone wanna play?

familyfeudlogo.gif

:P

^^^:lol: :lol: :lol:

You ought to be around us when we are together & tired!

DSCF2843.jpg

I'm hogging all the goodies during a Chick flick night.

DSCN1779.jpg

This is really my kind o' tank! Kitchen, to start with. :D And taking it slow...

I can so easily imagine staring at it for hours. And you can sure do a lot with a tank that's viewable from 3 sides! Hmmm...giving me great ideas.

Wonderful job, Sue!

--Diane

I've been following this one, but haven't posted yet, due to the bajillions of threads here I try (and fail) to follow.

I just want you to know, Sue, that I love the tank. The red goni is gorgeous. The kitchen is a perfect place for a tank like this, IMO, since, at least in my house, the kitchen is the center of activity, and where people spend the most time together. Why not decorate it with some life?

I am continually amazed at how many people here keep very healthy corals in very low-tech, low-maintenece setups. I have always enjoyed the nerdery of it all, tweaking skimmers and calcium reactors and whatnot, but its nice to see what can be done with just diligent water changes and simple equipment.

You have done the hobby proud. Just 15 years ago keeping a tank as small as this as healthy as yours was considered all but impossible. My how far we have come!

- Josh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This is what Bible-peddling Grammaws do for fun:

DSCN1070.jpg

DSCN1072.jpg

DSCN1059.jpg

At the Mid. TN Frag Swap

DSCN1779.jpg

DSCF2854.jpg

Who said Holy Rollers have to be boring sticks in the mud??? :lol::P:lol:

Weetabix Is that you in the Pic with Sue?

Archived