SaltCritters.com

Nemo Gallery!

Spencerx

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got Dory, Nemo, and Marlin in my nano tank! Do I win? ;)

100_1368.sized.jpg

-Will

ps- There names aren't Dory, Nemo, and Marlin though (they're Hipster, Ozzy, and Mama Cass)

you dont know how big his Nano is...I cant just ASSUME that his Nano is tiny...he could have a 20 or a 30 gal Nano

And by the looks of that pic...it looks pretty big

I know a nano is usually anything under 20 or maybe even 30 gallons. My personal opinion is that keeping any open ocean swimming fish in nano tank of any size is not very fair to the fish.

I think I may be up to $.04 now.

Gil

Ive seen some old ones stay at like 6-7 inches...in a 30 it would do ok. I am not advocating this at all...I am just saying that by looking at this members tank, his vast array of corals that look awesome he must have some knowledge of what is going on. by taking all of this into account I would figure he would know how big a Blue Regal (hippo) gets...

Hey fourhand, Unless that tank is at least 75 gallons. YOU LOSE! yikes Anyone who would put one in a 30 should be locked in the trunk of a car for a month. BAD HUSBANDRY!!!! Those are the ppl who give nanoreefers a bad name!

Originally posted by zizmans

Hey fourhand, Unless that tank is at least 75 gallons. YOU LOSE!  yikes Anyone who would put one in a 30 should be locked in the trunk of a car for a month. BAD HUSBANDRY!!!! Those are the ppl who give nanoreefers a bad name!

have you ever even seen a Hippo tang in person, its not like its a 20 inch fish...its people like you that cut others down that give reefing a bad name

jeeze, lay off this guy already...he isnt even on to defend himself and everyone is on his nuts for this.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that either

a. he has a big tank

b. when it gets to big (if his tank is too small) he will give it away

JLTRUK, Have I seen a tang in person? lol. Are you this guys boyfriend? Can he answer for himself? Don't worry, no one is "on his nuts" but you. (mouth first I imagine). PPl's fish choices need to be questioned. I would want to be informed of any mistakes I made. Why you take offence to someone being questioned is beyond me. :)

cajastan, size matters? I thought it was like the motion of the ocean? Or was it the position of your powerhead? I forget what my wife tells me! Anyways, I win by default, it's settled.

Geeze, I walk away for a day and all hell breaks loose. Let me defend myself: It's a baby tang. A BABY. Baby tangs are not oceangoing. As a matter of fact, Hippo tangs are not oceangoing. If I had a Naso or Vlamingi in my nano, that would be different. Hippos are like dumb dogs-- they just go with the flow. My hippo think he's a clownfish for chrissake. :P Secondly, I have plenty of locals willing to take this tang off my hands when it outgrows the tank. I have a good amount of experience (and some sense, no less!) under my belt, so I'll be well aware when this guy outgrows my tank. In the mean time, he's just acting like a silly, happy, goofy fish. Sure, if I had a 10" tang in my 20, then it would be ridiculous. This tang is ~1.5"! No big deal in my opinion. I think those that criticize those of us who daringly keep baby tangs in small tanks are not being subjective AT ALL. What's better: keeping a baby tang in a 180 gal full of adult tangs, triggers, lions, eels, etc., or keeping it in a peaceful nano playground? That's just my opinion, and I don't want to stir anything up. I just think everyone needs to chill out, especially those who have never had experience with baby tangs in small tanks.

-Will

ps - Thanks for coming to my defense JLTRUK, but you're starting to scare me hehe :P

Archived