Pod Your Reef

Deco kit ***new pics***

TheChosenReefer

constantocean

lol i dont know who you have ever heard say an aiptasia is good but you need to murder that thing asap, its a coral stringer. a peppermint shrimp will eat them =) thats why i keep one in my tank.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
constantocean

that little itty bitty bugger wont have any effect on you i'm sure. the only problem you might have is he'll curl up when you try to grab him, might make it difficult to get to him.

constantocean

mines alright. no new progress really. just a new aquascape. added a peppermint shrimp and took out the crab with the frag on its shell. got a new rock with some turquoise shrooms on it. still waiting for my new light to get here but now i found these led lights that i think i'm going to make a DIY hood with, i love the look of LED lighting over a tank, it can really do wonders. i pieced it all together and figured it will cost me about $80 to do so i think i'm going to wait it out a bit. get some stocking done first.

constantocean
You think red LED would look good?

the problem with red lighting is that water naturally filters red light. Hence the blue tone to all the aquarium lighting we buy. It mimics the color of the lighting at the depth of the reef. Watts and Lumens aren't the only important things when purchasing a light, coloration and spectrum are also very important.

TheChosenReefer

I went to petsmart today. was going to set up a tank for my baby platys. But then I decided I dont have enough for all this. But anyways.... I saw this LED light for 9 bucks So i said I guess I will pcik it up to see if it is any good. Well it was supposed to be blue. What happens when I take it out of the package it is.... WHITE I was going crazy lol. Well tomorrow I am taking and back and going to go buy mine from the LFS were I know they will be blue. Also I am starting to draw out my plans for my tank housing.

constantocean
I went to petsmart today. was going to set up a tank for my baby platys. But then I decided I dont have enough for all this. But anyways.... I saw this LED light for 9 bucks So i said I guess I will pcik it up to see if it is any good. Well it was supposed to be blue. What happens when I take it out of the package it is.... WHITE I was going crazy lol. Well tomorrow I am taking and back and going to go buy mine from the LFS were I know they will be blue. Also I am starting to draw out my plans for my tank housing.

whites not bad but i definitely prefer the blue too, looks way way nicer. can't wait to see the housing, tank is going to look sweet with a good housing. i cant even explain how much nicer my hood makes my tank look in person

TheChosenReefer

ya I am still going for that cheery stain. think I am going to try and find some oak maybe to make it with. I should be getting my Biocube up and running soon. That is once I get it.....

TheChosenReefer

So the white LED is to strong IMO. So I am going to try and go buy a blue one to add on. Maybe it will even out the color. So for now i colored the LED with a marker blue lol. DIY the color it looks good for the bulb to be colored

• 2 weeks later...
TheChosenReefer

Well today i looked at my tank and it is not working I have tooken it apart and everythign. So I guess it just died So sad. Now I got to spend money on a new filter instead of a new coral.

constantocean
Well today i looked at my tank and it is not working I have tooken it apart and everythign. So I guess it just died So sad. Now I got to spend money on a new filter instead of a new coral.

for the better anyway. i plan on upgrading my filter.

Archived