Pod Your Reef

Deco kit ***new pics***

TheChosenReefer

TheChosenReefer

alright ya i redid my rock I hope it isnt to close to the intake for the filter now. the bottom of the intake is touching it. Ya my dad said that building a little house for my tank sounds good. I will post some pics of my new work as soon as I can get this gay memory card to work lol.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheChosenReefer

Well here are some new pics from today moved the rock around tel me what you think.

Front shot view with out light and flash.

fish2040.jpg

Front tank shot with light on.

fish2038.jpg

Back tank shot

fish2034.jpg

Side tank shot.

fish2043.jpg

Other sidefish2031.jpg

constantocean

i like that scape MUCH better. looks really nice. If the rocks touching the intake, scooch it up just a millimeter or two. not far, just enough so its not actually on it, I don't think it would be a problem to leave it where it is, only thing I can think of is there might be some vibrations as the filter motor gets older.

TheChosenReefer

Ya it already kinda makes a noise but it is from the wire.I will scoot it up a alittle. Hopefully I won't have stir up again. Well it is clearing up once again I will get a quick snap of it when it is cleared all the way. OH ya like my little island out there. made that for osme zoos

constantocean
Ya it already kinda makes a noise but it is from the wire.I will scoot it up a alittle. Hopefully I won't have stir up again. Well it is clearing up once again I will get a quick snap of it when it is cleared all the way. OH ya like my little island out there. made that for osme zoos

thats a zoo island?

get a pic of that when they're open.

i'd like to see.

TheChosenReefer

Will do. Well it looks like my water is almost cleared from the little stir up today. I looked alittle closer to the intake for the filter is is maybe 5 to 7cm away from the LR. Ya I plan on having some Radioactive Green Zoanthids. on that rock and a frogspawn some weer else. So do you like that little cave in the middle? You almost got your cover done for your tank?

constantocean
Will do. Well it looks like my water is almost cleared from the little stir up today. I looked alittle closer to the intake for the filter is is maybe 5 to 7cm away from the LR. Ya I plan on having some Radioactive Green Zoanthids. on that rock and a frogspawn some weer else. So do you like that little cave in the middle? You almost got your cover done for your tank?

done. posting pictures now. check in like twenty minutes!

love the cave.

TheChosenReefer

So I was looking in at my tank and I noticed it appears I have what to looks like water spots fomr the inside of the tank I took some paper towls and every thign. So if it is on the outside it is like baked on. Does any oen else have this prob.

constantocean

if you're talking like small little white dots......Those might be copepods on the glass on the inside...? try taking an acrylic algae pad to the inside walls and see if the spots are gone.

constantocean
Ya I got rid of them today

if they were just pods they arent a problem, thats a sign of a healthy tank, and your corals and inverts will actually use them as food.

On the bottom of the filter is a little dial. If you twist it around into the correct position, your filter won't be tilted back like that and will sit straight up and down. Also, you may have changed it by now, but in your first pics, your lighting bracket is on backwards. If you turn it around, the light will stick out over the entire tank. Tank looks great so far.

you might want to get a better heater... those pad heaters can add 3-5 degrees to the tank temp but if it gets cold your temp will drop, like wise if its 80 in the house and that thing is on you could have 85 degree water... AZOO makes a very tiny 50W titanium heater thats you can actully set and maintain a specific temp. I have one in my 3 G tank, its hardly noticable, you could mount it horizontaly behind your rock so you cant see it at all.

supreme_spork
So I think I am starting to get some brown algae. Does this mean I can add my CUC now?I will post pics of it soon

don't add anything 3 days after setting up your tank.

do begin testing your water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

constantocean
My water temp is rising slowly. when I set it up it was 60 F now it is right at 70 should I go ahead and buy a heater today?

get a heater and get the temp up to at least 72 first. thats probably not "brown algae", thats your diatom bloom! a part of the cycle! that means youre close to being ready for life! check your parameters, if youre ammonia and nitrite free, and have under 20ppm of nitrate, do a small water change, and start adding your CUC.

TheChosenReefer

Sweet. Yap that is what it is a diatom bloom. I will have to wait 2 days for a CUC LFS is closed today for cleaning tnaks and stuff. They are also closed tomorrow for New Years. So going to Pets mart to pick up a test kit and a heater. Thank you all for your advice. posting pics tonight.

TheChosenReefer

So I got two things today a digital thermometer and a test kit my.

PH- 8.1

Ammonia-.10

Nitrite- 0

Nitrate- 10

Salinity- 1.022

Temp- 77.1

Should I begin to test daily now?

TheChosenReefer

Well here are my new pics. Water has cleared all the way. What I believe to be diatom. My rocks yesterday weren't this color they were brighter and had white on them. Tell me what you guys think.

Found a very unique place to put my thermometer

Fishtank3097.jpg

Fishtank3098.jpg

Is this deep enough in to filter to get good reading or to deep?

Fishtank3096.jpg

Was able to get closer now I figured out how to use camera. Piece of rock fell to, thought it looked good so i didn't mess with it.

Fishtank3095.jpg

Fishtank3099.jpg

Archived