Coral Vue Hydros

Deco kit ***new pics***

TheChosenReefer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
constantocean

diatoms omgomgomg omgomgomg i'd at least pick up a few snails (lets say..3) and some hermits. in order to get the bloom under control.

constantocean
Thinking of a blue hermit crab

hermits are kind of slow workers, and they will kill snails for their shells. Also, that bloom will probably get onto your tank walls, which only a snail (or urchin, tho an urchin is too big for your tank) will be able to reach.

TheChosenReefer

OH ok I am going to the LFS after work tomorrow to get some snails. So I decide I didn't need a heater as my tank temp looks good. fingerscrossed

TheChosenReefer

So here are my test for today. No more temp tell later on today I dropped the thermometer into the water . I guess they didnt make it fully water proof :angry: lol. SO I am going to take it back today and say it stopped working. But here our my other test.

1-2-08

PH- can’t tell 8.1 or 8.2 is 8.1 good enough to put snails

Ammonia- 0PPM

Nitrite- 0PPM

Nitrate-0PPM

Salinity-1.024

Temp- last check 74.5

TheChosenReefer

Pissed me off I was like URGGH 10 bucks down the tank lol. My dad said see if it dries out if it will work the only thermometer I have tell maybe tomorrow. :(

No more temp tell later on today I dropped the thermometer into the water . I guess they didnt make it fully water proof lol. SO I am going to take it back today and say it stopped working. But here our my other test.

^^^ opps me to late...

Might want to rethink your thermo mount...unless you glued it...those little suction cups

can give up at any moment...then ploppppp...no more digital readout.

Izzue

Sry...

Just keep in mind...for the years of reefing to come for you...those little suction cups

even for most powerheads...is just waiting for you to walk away and pop...

I came home to a 620 seio that had poped off in a 18 gal prop tank...I was shifting

in the sand for corals for a while B)

Izzue

constantocean

this is why i prefer to keep a stick on thermometer hidden out of sight, and then just drop in a digi when i want to double check that the sticky is still accurate.

TheChosenReefer

well my digital thermometer worked today. w00t got lucky there. But any ways I mad a bad mistake I knew I shouldn't of but I got a Yellowtail Damsel. I got him for cheap to only 1.99. Also got my snails. When he starts to grow I am going to give him away to my friend that has a 55g SW tank. Might want to add the tank he was in was littler the the one he is in now they just got him in today.

constantocean
well my digital thermometer worked today. w00t got lucky there. But any ways I mad a bad mistake I knew I shouldn't of but I got a Yellowtail Damsel. I got him for cheap to only 1.99. Also got my snails. When he starts to grow I am going to give him away to my friend that has a 55g SW tank. Might want to add the tank he was in was littler the the one he is in now they just got him in today.

FAIL.

he was in a smaller tank because they knew it wouldnt be a permanent home.

If you decide to keep him, I truly wish you the best of luck.

As well do I wish him, poor little guy all cooped up in there.

TheChosenReefer

He is real little a little baby he seems to like it don't worry I am not keeping him my friend is taking it to his 55g. But anyways my snails hopped right on to the side of the tank.

constantocean
He is real little a little baby he seems to like it don't worry I am not keeping him my friend is taking it to his 55g. But anyways my snails hopped right on to the side of the tank.

good to hear. I think I'm going to avoid a CUC and do the work myself for right now, seeing as how I have a LARGE blue legged hermit who will kill any snails I drop in there I'm sure.

TheChosenReefer

Ok I will get it up tonight let me get some new pics. My damsel I am taking back this week to the pet store when I go get my first coral. So no one freak out when you see him. Also with him he loves to dig up my sand bed...do all yellow tail damsels do this?

I have a damsil (black with blue stripes), I would like to kill, that moves sand all the damned time..and topples rock, and is just a dirty little shyt....

do they make minature nano tank spear-guns? :)

TheChosenReefer

lol

I also got to catch him. I will try and get a pic at night when he turns real light purple and yellow. But my dang batteries died right as i took one pic so i will chare the last one i took.

TheChosenReefer

This is it for now this week going to go get a coral maybe zoas

decokit588.jpg

decokit593.jpg

decokit590.jpg

decokit589.jpg

decokit600.jpg

deco2056.jpg

deco2052.jpg

Is this algae I should be worried about? Do I need to go out and get more snails or hermit?

deco2051.jpg

constantocean

if you have an ebay account, i just got a 26 watt (2x13). one actinic and one 6,500k(which i will be swapping out for a 10,000k) for only $26 including shipping. theres still others available. its a pretty sweet deal i think. i will let you know for sure when it shows up. for all i know it could be crappola. for $1/watt it was a chance i was willing to take

TheChosenReefer

So today I got a shroom and it looks pretty cool. got it for 10bucks. then I got some polyps for 19 bucks looks about 29 of them on that rock. Well they look green and brown. Also it looks like it has a brown anemone. I think they are called aiptasia. Is this good or bad? I hear many different things some people like them some don't.

Archived