Top Shelf Aquatics

lilredneckmans RSM

lilredneckman

Your back in school already? In MI High Schoolers (you are in HS right?) go back like Sept 4th. What's up with your power?

Yep, today was the first day, we're both freshmen. We aren't going to the same school tho. well as for te power there's a storm a comin'! Tropical storm fay is gonna hit us hopefully my tank won't have any issues also, atleast I've go a power inverter so I can run the mj off my dad's truck if i can't use the generator. I don't have a aeriator as all mine are plug in....atleast the ones that work!

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl

my sister lives in crystal river, and shes battening down the hatches there too. though she says it may pass them.

Yep, today was the first day, we're both freshmen. We aren't going to the same school tho. well as for te power there's a storm a comin'! Tropical storm fay is gonna hit us hopefully my tank won't have any issues also, atleast I've go a power inverter so I can run the mj off my dad's truck if i can't use the generator. I don't have a aeriator as all mine are plug in....atleast the ones that work!

Freshman!!!! lol! Why don't you go to the same school? Good luck with the storm.

lilredneckman
Dude, your tank rocks! I really love the rockwork and coralline growth.

Wow thanks!!!!! I like it much more now that i scraped the coralline off the back wall.

Freshman!!!! lol! Why don't you go to the same school? Good luck with the storm.

Lol yes were freshman...We are zoned for diff schools but its alright. We can still hang on the weekends.

As for the storm, the power went out a few times but nothing major. My tank is doing good and everything seems to be pretty happy. Also my fish still sits in that hole on the rock in the left but now he is out all the time perching on the rics.

No power issues here yet, but it looks like it is going to swing off the coast a little, gain strenght, and then pummel Daytona.

I got the generator ready.

We can't but rain here in MI. Not that I'm complaning but the weathermen have been saying rain for like the past 3 weeks and we never got a drop. I'm glad it held out for the NASCAR race that was on Sunday.

lilredneckman

Well as a few of you know Nicks Reef's mom took down her 12g ap the other day because it was just too much money and work for her. Nick got what he wanted, his bro got what he wanted, his dad got the rocks he wanted and well i got the rest! I got quite a few zoa frags and even a cute little yellow clown goby!!! I took a TON of pics so i hope you like them. A few are blurry but this is what i have for now.

FISH

Picture024-3.jpg

Picture026-2.jpg

Picture028-3.jpg

Picture033-2.jpg

Picture041.jpg

New zoas

Picture029-1.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture036-1.jpg

Picture037-1.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture046-1.jpg

unknown algae is laurencia. Next time you are up by aquatic life, (which is a great place", checkout the hidden LFS behind the sherwin williams paint store just south of the plaza with home depot and staples which is south on US1 from aquatic life. for some reason there name escapes me, but it a huge LFS, i just found it the other day, they don't advertise much Bigger than a pet supermarket or a petco, really nice place, they know what they are doing, etc...

lilredneckman
unknown algae is laurencia. Next time you are up by aquatic life, (which is a great place", checkout the hidden LFS behind the sherwin williams paint store just south of the plaza with home depot and staples which is south on US1 from aquatic life. for some reason there name escapes me, but it a huge LFS, i just found it the other day, they don't advertise much Bigger than a pet supermarket or a petco, really nice place, they know what they are doing, etc...

Hmm sounds good. I will have to check it out! Hey, some things have come up, and i have been really busy lately, if Monday is good i can ship out then. I promise to throw in extra.

squirrelieygrrrl

sweet new update lilredneck!

i really love the zoas in picturre #7! they rock! new fts? puhlease? hope all is well with ya, hope fay isnt causing too much trouble for ya.

~squirrel

lilredneckman
sweet new update lilredneck!

i really love the zoas in picturre #7! they rock! new fts? puhlease? hope all is well with ya, hope fay isnt causing too much trouble for ya.

~squirrel

Thanks! Yeah the whammin watermelons is pic 7 are extremely bight!! I also just got back from the lfs up in stuart and i got a zoa frag for $15. Its like kind of bluish green. Ill get a pic later and a fts to go with it.

John, i went to the lfs in Stuart called Aquatic life. That is the one by sherwin williams paint store. You are thinking of Aquatic World near cold stone just up the road.

Those zoa's are sweet!

Hey I saw in the RSM index thread you said you added a fuge next to the stock skimmer..Could you tell me about this mod?

I'll search your thread for the details, but if you could just give me a little help that would be great.

I wanna see the FTS too!

Again, those zoa's are awesome :lol:

lilredneckman
Those zoa's are sweet!

Hey I saw in the RSM index thread you said you added a fuge next to the stock skimmer..Could you tell me about this mod?

I'll search your thread for the details, but if you could just give me a little help that would be great.

I wanna see the FTS too!

Again, those zoa's are awesome :lol:

Yeah all that i really did though was take a small plastic tupperware, drilled a bunch of holes in it, put some cheato in it and covered it with some netting. For lighting i just took a 10w coralife screw in bulb and put that over it. I dont have the fuge there anymore because i hated having that light sit over it and not having the back chambers covered with the lid. I ended up taking the ball of cheato and let it roll around my tank until it got wedged in a rock and now it is in that same place since.

You scored some awesome zoo's. The fish are beautiful too!

(Full tank shot please! I want to see your masterpiece :) )

The thing is about having a larger tank and a crappy tank, you cant really see all of the corals in my FTS's. But i took one anyways just for you all.

YCG

Picture049.jpg

His new home

Picture052-1.jpg

Picture053-1.jpg

More new zoas

Picture056.jpg

Picture055-1.jpg

GRRR! My two pups playin

Picture058.jpg

They are actually sweet, not ferocious beasts like in the other pic

Picture057.jpg

FTS

Picture047.jpg

Left

Picture048-1.jpg

Middle

Picture051.jpg

Right

Picture050-1.jpg

ENJOY!!

pool cues(wheres the table at? and remember 10 ball is where its at), pups, red sea max and computer.... you living my dream life.

nice pics bud

Looking good buddy! Have you been over to Ocean's Below lately? I'm looking for a nice pink stylo and haven't been able to find one.

lilredneckman
What is that to the left of the koralia?

Uhh a rock?? Or the GSP of the back wall?

pool cues(wheres the table at? and remember 10 ball is where its at), pups, red sea max and computer.... you living my dream life.

nice pics bud

lol the table is to the right of the dogs. 10 balll..... you mean 9 ball? Im not quite familiar of 10 ball. Yeah life is good, all but high school and the cold i have right now.

Looking good buddy! Have you been over to Ocean's Below lately? I'm looking for a nice pink stylo and haven't been able to find one.

Thanks!Well the last time i was there was like a week ago and he didn't have any then but if you call him today or tomorrow he could probably pick you one up at the warehouse on Thursday if they have any. He has had some huge green caps for only like $20 but there not really that bight and look like of tan.

who can keep up with all those names.... :) Did the Laurencia bounce back? WOnder what happened was it attached? It looked real healthy in the last picture, sometimes it can just be tricky. Needs to be attached to something hard, with a limestone/aragonite base preferred. (Attaching it to a calcerous algae also works). Seen the water this week? NUTS! It looks like a lake, I mean it is really brown and fresh. Jupiter's whole coral reef- gone. Saw it the other day, even through the muddy brown, you can tell all the starlet coral was bleached out. Some of the octocorals- (what FWC calls types of gorgs so I use that name too), are doing alright, real stropng characters, the whole inland has been brackish- still is today.Massive amount of freshwater as Fay's rain made it down south through the rivers. Didn't really see the effects until yesterday. Worth checking out, something really different if you haven't seen it turn brown before. Oh well..I will keep checking in on this tank every now and then. Don't worry about the shipment, take your time, I am in no rush.- Really, I can wait months.

lilredneckman
who can keep up with all those names.... :) Did the Laurencia bounce back? WOnder what happened was it attached? It looked real healthy in the last picture, sometimes it can just be tricky. Needs to be attached to something hard, with a limestone/aragonite base preferred. (Attaching it to a calcerous algae also works). Seen the water this week? NUTS! It looks like a lake, I mean it is really brown and fresh. Jupiter's whole coral reef- gone. Saw it the other day, even through the muddy brown, you can tell all the starlet coral was bleached out. Some of the octocorals- (what FWC calls types of gorgs so I use that name too), are doing alright, real stropng characters, the whole inland has been brackish- still is today.Massive amount of freshwater as Fay's rain made it down south through the rivers. Didn't really see the effects until yesterday. Worth checking out, something really different if you haven't seen it turn brown before. Oh well..I will keep checking in on this tank every now and then. Don't worry about the shipment, take your time, I am in no rush.- Really, I can wait months.

Actually the Laurencia did not bounce back but i did happen to find a peice when i went snorkeling a few weeks ago. I did have it attached to a rock, i just can seem to figure out what happened. Yeah man, i went the the beach Sunday and dang it looks like $h!*!!! I did go swimming in it though and there was a ton of different algae in there floating around. I did manage to grab a piece of red grape calupra. When i ship out your package i am just going to send you all that i have because it just always seems to get loose from the rock and goes through the filter.

lilredneckman

Well i just ordered a Mighty Might RO unit from Airwaterice.com a few minutes ago! i cant wait till it arrives!! I do have a few ?'s though.

1. do i need to "flush" the system before i start using it?

2. How do i go about flushing the system?

3. About how often do you think i need to replace the filters?

I know nothing about ro units. I was about to get one but the filters are too much and they waste a ton of water.

600th post on ur thread!!!!

Archived