ReefCleaners.org

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

FyrFighter2004

Yeah i agree, I have never liked the look of black sand. It just doesn't have a natural look to me. When are you gonna start your cycle? Do you have any idea on what you're gonna stock, I've been throwing around that topic for a while and other than 2 percs i have nothing else for sure.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obsessed Reefer

Black sand looks good, if you have an amazing clean up crew, that can keep it black. It's like a bare bottom tank, have to keep it clean. Stocking wise, this should be interesting. You could keep around 4-5 fish. You have any thoughts?

Yeah i agree, I have never liked the look of black sand. It just doesn't have a natural look to me. When are you gonna start your cycle? Do you have any idea on what you're gonna stock, I've been throwing around that topic for a while and other than 2 percs i have nothing else for sure.

I'd like to start cycling the day after X-mas. I still need to figure out what route I'm going to take for the LR!!! Thought about going with this. Pretty damn good price IMO! Also, I found a shop about an hour away that had some pretty good looking rock @ about $7.00/lb...

I'm holding off on buying any equipment yet because I'm pretty sure I'm getting a gift card or two for that stuff!!!

For stocking, I know for sure I'd like a pair of Percs. Other than that, I'll be keeping it pretty basic, bright colored Zoa's, & 'Shrooms... Would LOVE a clam, but I know that is out of the question with my stock lighting... :angry:

I'd stay away from buying live stuff on ebay. For live rock, why not live aquaria? They have amazing live rock. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di....cfm?pCatId=397

Also, with stock lighting, you can keep a lot. And it's not that much to upgrade. Check out nanotuners for some of their MH upgrades.

That's not a bad price at all! I called them last week, and they quoted me a price on the Nano package... It was a little high!

I'd like to keep this tank fairly stock for a while. Just until I get a little more experienced in this hobby. At some point though, I will be going with MH for sure!

FyrFighter2004

Ive heard good things about live aquaria, and some not so good. Ive also heard both good and bad about premium aquatics. Personally I'm very hesitant to buy any kind of livestock off the internet simply cause you cant see what you're getting. I'd rather pay a few extra dollars to be able to see and handpick everything personally. Especially fish, that way you can get a tatse of that fish's personality. I think rock would be the same, you wont know what kind or shape youre getting. I just really like to see what im getting.

One question about the NC. Ive heard there is some wierd wiring with the PCs and the LED that make it hard or impossible to put both on a timer. Do you know anything about this? I'd like to put the PCs on a timer and be able to operate the LEDs separately. Is this possible?

Obsessed Reefer

It's possible, but you need to do a little rewiring. I'm not exactly sure what you have to do. I know nanotuners sell a complete set, including the LEDs them self, but post that separately in the DIY section of the site. It's because they are all wired into the same ballast.

Ive heard good things about live aquaria, and some not so good. Ive also heard both good and bad about premium aquatics. Personally I'm very hesitant to buy any kind of livestock off the internet simply cause you cant see what you're getting. I'd rather pay a few extra dollars to be able to see and handpick everything personally. Especially fish, that way you can get a tatse of that fish's personality. I think rock would be the same, you wont know what kind or shape youre getting. I just really like to see what im getting.

One question about the NC. Ive heard there is some wierd wiring with the PCs and the LED that make it hard or impossible to put both on a timer. Do you know anything about this? I'd like to put the PCs on a timer and be able to operate the LEDs separately. Is this possible?

I think you can do it with this from Nanotuners... "NVM Moonlight Fix"

Congrats on the new Christmas Present. I too just set up my first BioCube 29. I ordered a Nano pack of rock from Liveaquaria. $69 for 16 lbs of assorted rock from Fiji, Tonga and I believe the Indonesia. Waiting anxiously. My tank is so lonly sitting next to my TV in the living room.

Congrats on the new Christmas Present. I too just set up my first BioCube 29. I ordered a Nano pack of rock from Liveaquaria. $69 for 16 lbs of assorted rock from Fiji, Tonga and I believe the Indonesia. Waiting anxiously. My tank is so lonly sitting next to my TV in the living room.

Congrats bro!

Look forward to seeing your progress, and pictures!!!

Made a little progress today, and bought some goodies!!!

Installed a GFCI outlet behind the tank... Of course now my f'ing ceiling fan doesn't work!!! Oh well!!!

12-26-07123.jpg

It's amazing how fast the "little stuff" adds up!!! :o

12-26-07119.jpg

12-26-07120.jpg

And the best part... Place my order with LiveAquaria for 22lbs of Premium Fiji LR!!!

Mixing salt tonight, live sand in the tank tomorrow, and LR arrives Friday... NOW I'M GETTING EXCITED!!!

:lol:

Obsessed Reefer
And the best part... Place my order with LiveAquaria for 22lbs of Premium Fiji LR!!!
woot!! liveaquaria ftw!!And yes, the little things do add up quickly. Cant wait for this to start getting stocked. Should turn out good.
Nice goodie shots, but what are the walkie talkies for?
Duhhh!!! such a n00b. Their for talking while your walking. DUH! lol. jkjk.
Nice goodie shots, but what are the walkie talkies for?

:lol: I knew you where going to ask that bro!!! The GF's daughter got them for Christmas...

looking good, did you end up going with the fiji pink?

Nope, couldn't find any local... Just went with the West Caribbean.

WTH???

So I wait around the house all damn day, because my LR was scheduled to get here... It's now 7:15pm, and nothing!!!

So I call Fedex (What fun THAT is... :huh: ), and they tell me that there was a "problem" with the plane!!! Now they are going to "try" and deliver it tomorrow, or MONDAY!!! :angry:

So, with that being said... How do you guys think my LR will be when it finally gets here?

:angry:

WTH???

So I wait around the house all damn day, because my LR was scheduled to get here... It's now 7:15pm, and nothing!!!

So I call Fedex (What fun THAT is... :huh: ), and they tell me that there was a "problem" with the plane!!! Now they are going to "try" and deliver it tomorrow, or MONDAY!!! :angry:

So, with that being said... How do you guys think my LR will be when it finally gets here?

:angry:

dead

just kidding, you will obviously have more die off. hopefully it will be okay for the most part though. keep your fingers crossed for the package arriving tomorrow.

dead

just kidding, you will obviously have more die off. hopefully it will be okay for the most part though. keep your fingers crossed for the package arriving tomorrow.

LOL!

Cool, that makes me feel a little better!

I just got off the phone with LiveAquaria, man they are top notch! I asked if things would still be cool if it arrived on Monday, he said the same thing... just a little more die off. Before I could hang up the phone, he credited me back my shipping charges for the delay!!! Class act operation IMO!!!

LOL!

Cool, that makes me feel a little better!

I just got off the phone with LiveAquaria, man they are top notch! I asked if things would still be cool if it arrived on Monday, he said the same thing... just a little more die off. Before I could hang up the phone, he credited me back my shipping charges for the delay!!! Class act operation IMO!!!

good to hear they took care of you. shipping probably wasnt cheap either huh?

Archived