ReefCleaners.org

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My YWG is a night owl, he loves to swim around after lights out and it's cool to watch him zoom - I never knew they were that fast. But ya, during the day he just chills under his arch. I thought about a Yasha myself, but they were a bit too expensive last time I saw them at the LFS.

Great tank so far! I love the yellow and orange your adding to the tank.

My YWG is a night owl, he loves to swim around after lights out and it's cool to watch him zoom - I never knew they were that fast. But ya, during the day he just chills under his arch. I thought about a Yasha myself, but they were a bit too expensive last time I saw them at the LFS.

Great tank so far! I love the yellow and orange your adding to the tank.

Thanks Winkin!

I have some more Zoa frags coming in a couple days!

Just some random photos...

2-11-08032.jpg

2-11-08001.jpg

2-11-08004.jpg

What the hell guys... They do this quite a bit actually!

2-11-08026.jpg

Kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but I'm starting to get quite a bit of great green and purpleish colored Coralline Algae...

2-11-08007.jpg

2-11-08008.jpg

2-11-08005.jpg

Oh yeah... The Fire Shrip molted yesterday, so that was pretty cool!

Some things to look into before adding anything:

Replace the stock pump with a Maxijet 900 or Maxijet 1200.

Go to www.nanotuners.com and order the "Moonlight Fix", that way the moonlights can be controlled by themselves, right now they share the same ballast as the stock lights.

I have a couple of newb questions about the NC24 stock pump replacement and LED fix. I figure this is the time to do it since there's nothing in my tank but air. I tried searching the forums for "nanocube maxijet 900 replacement" and found threads about it getting clogged etc so if I missed something I apologize.

I pulled the stock pump up to see what was needed for its replacement. Looks like it's just sitting at the bottom with a hose tied to its output. Nothing fancy. My question is can I just buy the Maxijet 900 (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...amp;pcatid=4609), take off the powerhead attachment and then attach it to the stock return tube (assuming it is of the same diameter)?

I also looked at the directions of the LED fix and it seems pretty straightforward. Anybody in the South Bay area performed this on their NC24? I might have some questions about this later on.

Thanks!

FyrFighter2004

^, yes you just drop it in and attach the hose. As for the clogging the MJ comes with a small attachments to keep debris from getting into the pump. The NVM is very straight forward.

David, looking good man. I see you've fallen in love with the picassos the way I did, better start getting your name on some waiting lists.

^, yes you just drop it in and attach the hose. As for the clogging the MJ comes with a small attachments to keep debris from getting into the pump. The NVM is very straight forward.

Awesome, thanks! I'll order that gear soon. Sorry for such a newb question and thanks for not flaming. :) I was thinking it was a stupid question but I had already hit "Add Reply" so there was no turning back, rofl!

David, looking good man. I see you've fallen in love with the picassos the way I did, better start getting your name on some waiting lists.

Thanks bro! Yep, amazing fish!!! A LFS fairly near me gets them in quite a bit! Last time I was there he told me $150.00 for the pair! I would much rather see them in person before dropping that kind of coin on 'em!!!

Of course when I get ready to buy them, I'm sure NOBODY will have them! That's how my damn luck works!!!

FyrFighter... Where are your updated tank pics bro???!!!

Got a couple of new frags from a great member here... StanD! Kedd Reds, and some Eagle Eyes, with a few Radioactive Dragon Eyes on it as well!!!

Thanks Stan!!!

Kedd Red's...

2-15-082004.jpg

2-15-082006.jpg

EE, and RDE's... These guys closed up right as I put the camera up to the tank!

2-15-082005.jpg

2-15-082003.jpg

And a FTS with the new additions in their new place!

2-15-08022.jpg

A couple of new additions yesterday!

A nice little Hammer...

2-16-08015.jpg

And a single Blue 'Shroom... I sure hope this guy multiplys fast! (Bad pic!)

2-16-08016.jpg

And another FTS! (Another bad pic! :happy: )

2-16-08019.jpg

*Edited due to my "NEWBNESS"!!! :huh:

That's a hammer. Frogspawn tips look like, well, frog eggs. Hammer tips look like hammers.

Damn, I'm a NEWB!!! They do look just like hammers... you'd think I'd catch on to that part huh!?!?

:huh:

Either damn way... I really like it!!! :lol:

aye so do i! those are some great pics, cant wait to see what it looks like when everything has grown in a bit... love the hammer/frogspawn either way there both great haha nice job on the landscaping btw =) crab looks great! hes a cute little bugger... nice job!

aye so do i! those are some great pics, cant wait to see what it looks like when everything has grown in a bit... love the hammer/frogspawn either way there both great haha nice job on the landscaping btw =) crab looks great! hes a cute little bugger... nice job!

Thanks!

Some of my pics turn out pretty damn good... while others, not so good!

I can't wait 'till stuff starts growing in as well. I'm trying to only add smaller pieces, so nothing takes over!

As far as the aquascaping goes... THANKS! I'm not super happy with it compared to some others I've seen around here. But hell, I HAVE ZERO CREATIVITY!!!

UPDATE...

Tested water yeaterday, and everything looks good. Nitrates up around 5-10ppm, but the waterchange I did this morning should help that out!

Nothing all that exciting!

My fire shrimp molted for the second time since adding him... So that is good!

Also, the 'shroom I added already has a baby... It's about the size of the head of an eraser!!! That was fast!

I might head down to the LFS for some FREE RO/DI water... maybe I'll pick something up!

Well, I picked up my first fish... Firefish!!!

I've always loved these guys, so I pulled the trigger!

I also realized it's damn HARD to photograph a fish!!!

2-24-08021.jpg

2-24-08028.jpg

So far he is doing well... I hope he enjoys his new home!!!

Firefish are cool. Totally not aggressive and always out front and center. Mine used to bolt when I feed with the baster but now he chases it around.

LOL! Nice!

He seems to be settling in nicely! He found a little ledge to sleep under last night! Seems very active as well!

Random photos... I'm bored!!!

Man, this guy is TOUGH to get a damn photo of!!!

2-27-08032.jpg

2-27-08003.jpg

Some Zoa pics... AGAIN! -_-

2-27-08042.jpg

2-27-08043.jpg

2-27-08047.jpg

2-27-08046.jpg

2-27-08050.jpg

2-27-08044.jpg

2-27-08051.jpg

2-27-08045.jpg

2-27-08052.jpg