ReefCleaners.org

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

LOL! Nice!

He seems to be settling in nicely! He found a little ledge to sleep under last night! Seems very active as well!

Nice first choice. smart thing to add him before other more aggressive fish.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice! I got a firefish but he usally stays all the way in the back all day long except for a few moments when its feeding time. How do you check your nitrates? Any special test kit?

Nice first choice. smart thing to add him before other more aggressive fish.

Thanks! Another reason I added this guy first was... I'M BROKE!!! :lol: He was the cheepest of the fish I want to add. Works for me!

Very nice! I got a firefish but he usally stays all the way in the back all day long except for a few moments when its feeding time. How do you check your nitrates? Any special test kit?

Thank you!

I guess I got a real go getter... He loves to stay right in the front of the tank, pretty much dead center! The second, the lights go out, he heads off to bed in his overhang/cave!

No "special" test kit for nitrates... Just the one that came in my API Saltwater kit. I really need to pick up the API Reef Kit soon though...

Great... The new Firefish is MIA!!! I've looked everywhere... My rockwork isn't the most complex thing in the world, so I should be able to find him!!!

I did notice my big Nassarius snail was out and about this morning before I left, and still out when I came home... Which is NOT normal for him! :o

Man, now I'm bummed!!!

DAMN IT!!! :(

I have (had) my first dead fish... Saw the Fire shrimp polishing off the remains in his little hide out! It was the same spot I found my Nassarius hanging out when I got home.

I'm stumped!!! All my parameters have been in check. My nitrates where a tad high, between 5-10ppm, but everything else was spot on!

Kind of sad... I thought I was givin' this guy a good home, and BAM, I KILL HIM!!! :angry:

Aww man, that sucks. Sorry I don't have much experience yet so I don't know what to ask you to help solve the mystery. :(

Aww man, that sucks. Sorry I don't have much experience yet so I don't know what to ask you to help solve the mystery. :(

Thanks!

Everything else seems to be thriving... That's what's weird!

cool zoas...I plan on having the same thing in my tank....how do you get away with such a small CUC?

Thanks!

Well, that changed a bit yesterday! I took this guy back to the LFS i got him from... TOO DAMN BIG!!!

3-02-08001.jpg

And picked up 20 of these guys... About 1/4"-1/2"... MUCH BETTER!!!

3-02-08004.jpg

I also added 2 more pcs of liverock to try and spruce up my boring ass aquascape a bit!!!

3-two-08005.jpg

3-two-08006.jpg

Left side,

3-two-08008.jpg

Right side,

3-two-08007.jpg

FTS...

3-two-08004.jpg

Hopefully it'll look good once I get some more stuff, and some growth!!!

Got 2 new fish yesterday... A nice mated pair of misbar clowns!

I also got a featherduster, but I'm a little worried about it! It has been almost a full day, and he still hasn't came out!?!?

Any ideas...

Anyway, these two really seem to like their new home! Right away, they took up residence in my Hammer... NICE!!!

3-9--006.jpg

3-9--005.jpg

3-9--009.jpg

3-9--008.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality of the photos... -_-

farewelltofriday_mailbox

apparently i may have gotten a firefish as a hitchhiker. weird huh? but i havent seen him since i dropped him in a few days ago... not a major loss since he was free... but still sad he was a beautiful fish.

anyway awesome clowns and i LOVE the zoas. i just got my first corals in my 24 yesterday

• 2 weeks later...

Long overdue update...

Let's see, all has been going well... I have a pretty bad Cyano outbreak at the moment that sucks!!! Any advice would be appreciated!!! All my water parameters seem to be in check, so I'm at a loss...

Let's see... New additions,

Clowns are doing great!

3-9--006.jpg

One of 'em loves the Fire and Ice Zoas,

3-27-051.jpg

3-27-041.jpg

This guy here is probably one of my favorite additions pom pom crab!!! He only has one nem, but that's ok!

3-27-153.jpg

Featherduster,

3-27-030-1.jpg

Continued... Next post.

And some great frags from BibleSue...

3-2-004.jpg

3-2-003.jpg

3-2-002.jpg

3-2-001.jpg

3-2-005.jpg

Anybody have some advice on the Cyano... I hate to resort to chemicals but... I'd hate for it to take over my tank!!!!

Thanks for lookin' all!!!

All is much better now...

I was having a pretty bad problem with Cyano. Over the course of a couple of weeks, I started to feel like I couldn't keep u with it. So, I decided to use chemicals...

Red Slime Remover to be exact... I added it last Saturday, did a 25% water change 5 days later, and BAM... Cyano GONE!!! Everything looked great while using the RSR, so I am pretty pleased!

Either Sunday, or Monday, I'll be picking up a couple of frags for cheap from a local reefer, so we'll see what I end up with!!!

Man, I feel like I'm the only one following this lonely thread!!! :lol:

picked up a couple of frags this afternoon from a local reefer...

Red Sea pulsing Xenia,

four-six-oheight005.jpg

And a nice Candy Cane frag,

four-six-oheight001-1.jpg

Now, FTS,

four-six-oheight006.jpg

Left side,

four-six-oheight007.jpg

Right side,

four-six-oheight008.jpg

All seems to be doing well... These shots where about an hour after adding the new frags.

Come on now, ANYONE!?!? ;)

Tank is looking great!

I am finally going to add coral to mine in a few weeks.

THANKS!!!

Congrats bro!!! I look forward to seeing that!!!

lilredneckman

Tank is looking amazing!!! Sorry about the fire fish but it seems the the clowns LOVE their new tank! Your photography skills are amazing! I really love all of the zoas and the aquascape!

Tank is looking amazing!!! Sorry about the fire fish but it seems the the clowns LOVE their new tank! Your photography skills are amazing! I really love all of the zoas and the aquascape!

FINALLY... Some life in this thread!!!

Thanks for ALL the compliments bro!!! It's nice to hear someone thinks it looks good... I'm NEVER very happy with it!!!

The clowns seem to be very happy... I'm glad I ended up getting them. I was going to get a pair of Picasso's, but these misbars are fine by me!

dahliaheartsyou

Wow, Nice tank!

I like how your clowns are almost naked looking! And the rock in the bottom right is sweet looking!

I plan on getting the JBJ 24 with the free stand from the drs. next week, how do you like the stand?

I'll be watching this thread! :lol:

Wow, Nice tank!

I like how your clowns are almost naked looking! And the rock in the bottom right is sweet looking!

I plan on getting the JBJ 24 with the free stand from the drs. next week, how do you like the stand?

I'll be watching this thread! :lol:

Thanks!!!

I bought mine from there as well! As far as the stand goes... I LIKE IT! At first I kind of wanted the other "s" shaped one. I'm glad I went with this one! It has enough room inside to mount the balast, and timer for the lights, and most of my other crap. It's pretty solid as well!

Nothing very exciting going on here... Changed my aquascape up a bit this weekend. Gives me a little more room with everything back against the back wall...

Sorry for the crappy pictures! I was in a hurry, and everyone was still kind of mad from the small move... :huh:

Left side...

Four-Twenty-OhEight007.jpg

Right Side...

Four-Twenty-OhEight005.jpg

FTS...

Four-Twenty-OhEight008.jpg

Four-Twenty-OhEight006.jpg

And a random shot of one of my Candy Canes trying to eat a stray piece of Chaeto...

Four-Twenty-OhEight001.jpg

Archived