Coral Vue Hydros

H20's Pico Reef (pics)

H20

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
H20, you got your pico well after my aquapod and it cycled before mine completely... I haven't even seen nitrites yet... Good riddance!

yeah, different tanks take different times. I used pre-cycled rock, and it was only a small piece (1 lb.), that probably helped. The stuff that I am adding to the Pico tank now is coming from my 24g tank that has been running for awhile. What are you seeing in yours right now, just Ammonia?

I guess I turned out to be one of the few who has problems with their red sea ammonia test kit where it kept detecting ammonia when it was never there. All I had was nitrates so now with all the confusion cleared up, I've begun adding a CUC.

constantocean

i just got one of these pico kits also. i shoved my heater fully horizontal and in back of my rock. Can't even see it anymore. might be something worth trying.

Anything new, have any updates? :D

Not a whole lot to update on. I added a few things over the past week. Just not been doing much with either of my tanks lately, the holidays seemed to slow me down on my tank tinkering.

Added a small frag of GSP from my Aquapod 24: (blue leg hermit hiding out)

IMG_0710.jpg

Added a small blue/yellow zoa cluster (I need to prune the algae growing out of the top of it, ha)

IMG_0711.jpg

Current Front tank shot:

IMG_0713.jpg

i've thnking heavily on purchasing a deco kit as a little computer partner in my room (even though my 29g is right beside the computer too) but right now just don't know if the all in one stuff that comes with it is good enough. Have you had any regrets or issues with it? Cuz i want to open the box and start rollin'.

i've thnking heavily on purchasing a deco kit as a little computer partner in my room (even though my 29g is right beside the computer too) but right now just don't know if the all in one stuff that comes with it is good enough. Have you had any regrets or issues with it? Cuz i want to open the box and start rollin'.

I think the deco kit 3 has everything in it to get a nice little tank running. I am not going to upgrade anything on it, and it seems fine to me. I also have both of my tanks in the same room, lol. I just wanted a small one here next to my computer so I can watch it as I sit here.

I think the deco kit 3 has everything in it to get a nice little tank running. I am not going to upgrade anything on it, and it seems fine to me. I also have both of my tanks in the same room, lol. I just wanted a small one here next to my computer so I can watch it as I sit here.

thanks. I hope to have one soon. I just want something small and simple where i can put maybe some pom pom crabs in and a panda clown goby without worrying if i can find it or if its dead (really, anything bigger than a 3 gallon you could lose those animals.)

Archived